Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 10:44:31 -0500

167 
FZPN01 KWBC 271544
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC OCT 27 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT TO 
50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 27.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 28.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 29. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 45N137W 998 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. FROM 39N TO 48N BETWEEN 
141W AND 147W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 15 TO 26 FT. ALSO WITHIN 
120 NM E OF FRONT FROM 47N136W TO 44N133W TO 40N133W WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 33N TO 51N BETWEEN 128W 
AND 151W WIDNS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N134W 994 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND 300 NM 
W QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 32 FT...HIGHEST SW 
QUADRANT. ALSO WITHIN 300 NM S SEMICIRCLE AND 360 NM W QUADRANT 
AND FROM 44N TO 49N BETWEEN 134W AND 138W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 13 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 33N TO 50N BETWEEN 125W AND 
143W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N131W 1003 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
31N TO 43N BETWEEN 124W AND 139W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 
FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 60N175E 952 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 420 NM S 
AND SE QUADRANTS AND 120 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 62N174W TO 58N167W 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 19 TO 38 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 57N177E. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM SE SEMICIRCLE AND 420 NM SE OF A LINE 
FROM 53N167W TO 47N179E TO 41N170E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 63N177W 958 MB. OVER ICE FREE 
FORECAST WATERS N AND NW OF A LINE FROM 51N164E TO 53N171W TO 
61N166W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 20 TO 36 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF A 
LINE FROM 47N160E TO 55N162W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 
FT. .48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 64N171W 967 MB. WITHIN 840 NM S 
QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 15 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 46N 
W OF 147W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 58N153W 990 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
LOW CENTER TO 50N163W TO 40N176W. WITHIN 180 NM E OF A LINE FROM 
59N153W TO 54N150W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM E AND 360 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST INLAND LOW 64N144W 984 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM 57N136W TO 50N142W TO 40N159W. WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N161E 1007 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 35N 
TO 42N BETWEEN 160E AND 172E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 40N E OF 127W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT WITH 
NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 171W AND 175E E TO NE WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.LOW 38N132W 1005 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 46N137W IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 43N TO 59N 
BETWEEN 161W AND 174E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 300 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
51N160W TO 38N180W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.HIGH 39N160W 1035 MB MOVING S 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N160W 1033 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N162W 1030 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N165E 1031 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N176W 1032 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 34N173W 1030 MB.

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC WED OCT 27.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC THU OCT 28.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FRI OCT 29.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.30 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 90 NM FROM THE COAST
N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO
14N96W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 28N BETWEEN 119W AND 122W N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN
N SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE FROM 26N113W TO 16N135W TO 08N140W
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL..HIGHEST N OF
20N BETWEEN 116W AND 127W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 19N BETWEEN 115W AND 127W WINDS LESS THAN
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW TO N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.LOW NEAR 11N119W 1009 MB MOVING W NW AT 07 KT. WITHIN 120 NM SW
AND 60 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NEAR 13N119W 1009 MB. WITHIN 90 NM OF LOW
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 10N TO 19N BETWEEN 111W
AND 128W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NEAR 14N121W 1010 MB. WITHIN 60 NM SE AND 
NW QUADRANTS WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN SUBSIDING N SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 11N TO 24N BETWEEN 112W AND 124W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN SUBSIDING N SWELL.

.FROM 05N TO 08N BETWEEN 82W AND 91W S TO SW WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS
TO 8 FT IN S SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 08N BETWEEN 80W AND 95W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 04N TO 07N BETWEEN 81W AND 93W SW WINDS
TO 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N132W TO 27N136W TO 26N140W. 
N OF 27N W OF FRONT NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW
SWELL...HIGHEST NEAR 30N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N128W TO 26N131W THEN 
DISSIPATING TO 22N140W. N OF 26N W OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST N OF 28N. N OF 29N 
WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW 
SWELL.

.30 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...N OF 14N 
BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR F0RECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...N OF 13N 
BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 13N96W TO 12N99W NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1515 UTC WED OCT 27...

.LOW NEAR 11N119W...SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG FROM 12N TO 14N 
BETWEEN 116W AND 120W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM SW 
QUADRANT.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ALONG 09N85W TO 1009 MB 
LOW NEAR 10N93W TO 09N100W TO 11N110W TO 1009 MB LOW NEAR 11N119W
TO 08N130W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN
30 NM OF AXIS E OF 88W...BETWEEN 121W AND 123W...AND WITHIN 120 
NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 105W AND 108W.

$$
.FORECASTER AGUIRRE. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.