Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 11:42:09 -0500

462 
FZPN40 PHFO 271642
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC WED OCT 27 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 27 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 28 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 29 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAKENING LOW 29N174E 1012 MB MOVING W 15 KT. TROUGH FROM 30N174E 
TO 23N173E TO 20N171E TO 17N164E MOVING W 10 KT. SE TO S WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT N OF 25N BETWEEN 170W AND 178E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
BETWEEN 178W AND 178E N OF 23N...N OF 27N BETWEEN 174E AND 172E...AND
WITHIN 45 NM OF POINT 20N171E. SEE HIGH SEAS FORECAST FZPN01 KWBC 
FROM OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER FOR FORECAST DETAILS N OF 30N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. TROUGH FROM 30N171E TO 28N170E. 
ASSOCIATED WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.  

.COLD FRONT APPROACHING AREA FROM THE N ALONG 30N BETWEEN 144W AND 
149W MOVING S 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING COLD FRONT FROM 26N140W TO 26N150W TO 
26N156W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 23N140W TO 22N150W TO 
23N157W.  

.TROUGH FROM 06N160E TO 09N166E TO 12N170E MOVING W 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED. 

.RIDGE FROM 30N163E TO 29N160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N152W TO 27N140W MOVING S 15 KT. 

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 12N BETWEEN 154W AND 177W.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 10N BETWEEN 154W AND 179W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 11N TO 26N BETWEEN 169W 
AND 176E. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.  

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF 15N W OF 173W...AND FROM 08N TO 28N E OF 173W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF 08N BETWEEN 150W AND 176E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 13 N OF 23N E OF 150W. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
N OF 10N BETWEEN 153W AND 176E.  

.REMAINDER OF AREA SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 09N149W TO 09N158W TO 07N173W. NUMEROUS 
MODERATE AND ISOLATED STRONG TSTMS FROM 07N TO 12N BETWEEN 149W AND 
162W. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 06N TO 10N BETWEEN 162W AND 
173W. 

.SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS IN AN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE 
FROM 24N179W TO 14N179W TO 16N175E TO 19N172E TO 24N179W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TSTMS FROM 08N TO 12N BETWEEN 174W AND 179E. 

$$

.FORECASTER BIRCHARD. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.