Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 13:34:01 -0500

971 
ATHW40 PHFO 271833
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC WED OCT 27 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC OCTOBER 27 2010

LOW CLOUD COVERAGE OVER AND AROUND THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS IS WHAT 
YOU WOULD TYPICALLY EXPECT ON A WINDY TRADE WIND DAY. OVER KAUAI LOW 
CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP OVER THE WINDWARD SLOPES AND MOST INTERIOR 
AREAS WITH SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS BEING BLOWN OVER LEEWARD AREAS. OVER 
OAHU LOW CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP OVER THE SLOPES AND SUMMITS OF BOTH 
THE KOOLAU AND WAIANAE MOUNTAIN RANGES WITH THE STRONG TRADES 
BLOWING SOME LOW CLOUDS OVER LEEWARD AREA AT TIMES. OVER MOLOKAI LOW 
CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP OVER THE EASTERN SLOPES WHILE LANAI HAS PATCHES 
OF LOW CLOUDS OVER INTERIOR SECTIONS. OVER MAUI LOW CLOUDS ARE 
BANKED UP OVER THE NORTHERN AND EASTERN SLOPES OF HALEAKALA AS WELL 
AS OVER THE SLOPES AND SUMMITS OF THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS. OVER THE 
BIG ISLAND LOW CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP OVER THE WINDWARD SLOPES FROM 
NORTH KOHALA SOUTHWARD THROUGH THE HILO AND PUNA DISTRICTS. UPWIND 
OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS LIES A BROAD FIELD OF SCATTERED TO 
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS THAT ARE MOVING WESTWARD THROUGH THE ISLAND CHAIN. 

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN EAST TO WEST ORIENTED UPPER LEVEL 
TROUGH CENTERED TO THE WEST END OF THE STATE. SOME THIN HIGH CIRRUS 
CLOUDS ARE PRESENT WITH THIS UPPER TROUGH. THESE HIGH CLOUDS ARE 
GENERALLY MOVING OFF TOWARD THE WEST WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE HIGH 
CLOUDS JUST EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND WHICH ARE MOVING OFF IN AN 
EASTERLY DIRECTION. 

FAR SOUTH OF THE STATE ALONG THE ITCZ LIES SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS 
THAT ARE IN AN AREA FROM 06N TO 11N BETWEEN 150W AND 170W. 
INDIVIDUAL THUNDERSTORMS ARE GENERALLY MOVING OFF IN A WESTWARD 
DIRECTION. 

$$

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.