Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 16:41:17 -0500

318 
FZPN01 KWBC 272141
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC WED OCT 27 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 27. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 28. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 29. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 45N136W 996 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 47N136W 
TO 44N131W TO 40N130W. FROM 37N TO 48N BETWEEN 139W AND 145W AND 
WITHIN 120 NM NE AND E OF FRONT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 
FT...HIGHEST NEAR 40N143W. ALSO FROM 34N TO 48N BETWEEN 137W AND 
147W AND WITHIN 240 NM NE AND E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 32N TO 51N BETWEEN 125W AND 149W 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N133W 998 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND 360 NM 
W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 15 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 360 NM E AND SE AND 600 NM W AND SW QUADRANTS AND BETWEEN 
360 NM AND 540 NM N QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N131W 1006 MB. WITHIN 240 NM W AND 300 
NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEA 13 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 121W AND 141W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
16 FT IN NW SWELL. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 61N177E 956 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS 
FROM 56N162W TO 49N175W TO 41N172E. W OF A LINE FROM 51N172E TO 
55N175W TO 60N171W AND NE OF A LINE FROM 64N171W TO 58N164W 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 36 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 58N180W. 
ELSEWHERE NW OF A LINE FROM 41N160E TO 54N173W TO 59N159W AND 
WITHIN 420 NM SE OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 63N175W 960 MB. WITHIN 720 NM S 
QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 17 TO 34 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF A 
LINE FROM 45N160W TO 47N179W TO 50N160W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
14 TO 26 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 63N172W 970 MB. WITHIN 900 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 16 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 46N W OF 
148W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 59N150W 985 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
LOW CENTER TO 55N147W TO 50N147W. WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT N OF 
53N WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM 
SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
56N135W TO 47N141W TO 39N152W. WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

..GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N169E 1004 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
35N TO 44N BETWEEN 160E AND 177E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 
FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 37N E OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT 
WITH NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.FROM 30N TO 39N BETWEEN 172W AND 174E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 480 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 56N166W TO 46N178E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
51N155W TO 41N172W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING.

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 39N TO 43N BETWEEN 167E AND 171E. 

.HIGH 38N160W 1036 MB MOVING S 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N160W 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N169W 1030 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N169E 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N170W 1030 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC WED OCT 27.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC THU OCT 28.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FRI OCT 29.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.30 HOUR FORECAST  GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 90 NM FROM COAST 
N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT.  SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N96W... 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT.  SEAS 
10 TO 13 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.24 HOUR FORECAST  N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.30 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...N OF 14N FROM 
94W TO 96W  N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR F0RECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...N OF 13N FROM 
94W TO 96W  N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 30 KT.  SEAS 9 TO 11 FT.  WITHIN 
30 NM OF LINE FROM 13N96W TO 12N99W  NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT.

.N OF 25N FROM 115W TO 122W  N WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS 10 TO 12 FT IN 
N SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE FROM 25N112W TO 14N130W TO 14N140W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 20N FROM 112W TO 128W  WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW TO N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.LOW PRES AT 11N120W 1011 MB MOVING W AT 7 KT.  WITHIN 120 NM 
SE AND 60 NM NW QUADRANTS  WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LOW PRES NEAR 13N121W 1012 MB.  WITHIN 90 NM 
OF CENTER  WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 10N TO 20N 
BETWEEN 112W AND 128W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT IN 
NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  LOW PRES NEAR 14N122W 1013 MB.  WITHIN 60 NM 
SE AND NW QUADRANTS  WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT.  ELSEWHERE FROM 
12N TO 16N BETWEEN 115W AND 124W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 
TO 8 FT IN SUBSIDING N SWELL.

.FROM 05N TO 08N BETWEEN 82W AND 91W  S TO SW WINDS 20 KT.
SEAS TO 8 FT IN S SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 05N TO 08N BETWEEN 80W AND 95W  SW WINDS 
20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 04N TO 07N BETWEEN 81W AND 93W  WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.12 HOUR FORECAST  COLD FRONT 30N134W TO 27N140W.  W OF FRONT  
WIND LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N131W TO 26N136W TO 25N140W. 
N OF 27N W OF FRONT  NW TO N WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 11 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  COLD FRONT FROM 30N128W TO 24N133W THEN 
DISSIPATE TO 23N140W.  W OF FRONT  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 
10 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NW.  N OF 29N WITHIN 120 NM 
E OF FRONT  SW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC WED OCT 27...

WEAK TROUGH FROM 09N121W TO 15N116W.  SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 
90 NM W OF TROUGH.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 08N84W TO 1010 MB 
LOW PRES AT  10N92W TO 09N102W TO 13N116W TO 08N133W TO 08N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM OF AXIS E OF 92W AND 120 NM N OF 
AXIS FROM 05W TO 109W.

$$
.FORECASTER WALLY BARNES.  TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.