Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 17:40:22 -0500

671 
FZPN40 PHFO 272240
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC WED OCT 27 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 27 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 28 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 29 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAKENING LOW 30N173E 1012 MB SLOW MOVING. TROUGH FROM 30N174E TO 
LOW TO 27N176E TO 19N170E MOVING W 10 KT. FOR NEXT 12 HOURS NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 90 NM N OF FRONT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS  WITHIN 
90 NM SW QUADRANT OF LOW...AND BETWEEN FRONT AND 179W N OF 15N. SEE 
HIGH SEAS FORECAST FZPN01 KWBC FROM OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER FOR 
FORECAST DETAILS N OF 30N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. TROUGH FROM 30N176E TO 23N174E. 
WINDS WEAKENED TO 20 KT OR LESS.  

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N140W TO 28N147W TO 29N154W MOVING SE 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING COLD FRONT FROM 25N140W TO 25N152W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 22N140W TO 20N150W.  

.TROUGH RELOCATED FROM 08N166E TO 04N165E MOVING W SLOWLY. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED. 

.RIDGE FROM 30N163E TO 29N160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN AREA FROM 12N TO 27N BETWEEN 153W AND 
175W.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 12N TO 27N BETWEEN 153W 
AND 177W.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS MOSTLY 20 KT OR LESS.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.  

.SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF 09N EXCEPT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT S OF 13N W OF 
172E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF 08N BETWEEN 150W AND 171E. 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT N OF 25N E OF 150W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 09N BETWEEN 155W AND 168E. 
SEAS 9 TO 11 FT N OF 20B E OF 149W.

.REMAINDER OF AREA SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AN AREA FROM 08N TO 12N BETWEEN 176W AND 
178E.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 10N155W TO 08N160W TO 07N174W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF ITCZ BETWEEN 143W AND 145W AND WITHIN 
120 NM OF ITCZ BETWEEN 149W AND 172W.

$$
.FORECASTER JHOAG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.