Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 19:46:32 -0500

814 
ATHW40 PHFO 280046
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC THU OCT 28 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC OCTOBER 28 2010

AN EAST TO WEST ORIENTED BAND OF LOW CLOUDS IS SEEN MOVING WESTWARD 
IN A RATHER STRONG TRADE WIND ENVIRONMENT. THIS BAND OF CLOUDS IS 
PRIMARILY TAKING AIM AT WINDWARD MAUI AND THE BIG ISLAND. A BIT MORE 
SCATTERED TO BROKEN CLOUD FIELD IS ELSEWHERE UPWIND OF THE STATE AND 
ARE ALSO PROVIDING LOW CLOUD COVERAGE TO THE WEST END OF THE STATE. 

OVER KAUAI LOW CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP OVER THE WINDWARD SLOPES AND 
MOST INTERIOR AREAS WITH SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS BEING BLOWN OVER 
LEEWARD AREAS. OVER OAHU LOW CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP OVER THE SLOPES 
AND SUMMITS OF BOTH THE KOOLAU AND WAIANAE MOUNTAIN RANGES WITH THE 
STRONG TRADES BLOWING SOME LOW CLOUDS OVER LEEWARD AREA AT TIMES. 
OVER MOLOKAI LOW CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP OVER THE EASTERN SLOPES WHILE 
LANAI HAS LOW CLOUDS OVER INTERIOR SECTIONS. OVER MAUI LOW CLOUDS 
ARE BANKED UP OVER THE NORTHERN AND EASTERN SLOPES OF HALEAKALA AS 
WELL AS OVER THE SLOPES AND SUMMITS OF THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS. OVER 
THE BIG ISLAND LOW CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP OVER THE WINDWARD SLOPES 
FROM NORTH KOHALA SOUTHWARD THROUGH THE HILO AND PUNA DISTRICTS. 
DAYTIME HEATING HAS ALSO CAUSED LOW CLOUDS TO BUILD UP OVER THE KONA 
AND KAU SLOPES.

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN EAST TO WEST ORIENTED UPPER LEVEL 
TROUGH CENTERED OVER THE WEST END OF THE STATE. SOME THIN HIGH 
CIRRUS CLOUDS ARE PRESENT WITH THIS UPPER TROUGH. THESE HIGH CLOUDS 
ARE GENERALLY MOVING OFF TOWARD THE WEST WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE 
HIGH CLOUDS JUST EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND WHICH ARE MOVING OFF IN AN 
EASTERLY DIRECTION. 

FAR SOUTH OF THE STATE ALONG THE ITCZ LIES SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS 
THAT ARE IN AN AREA FROM 06N TO 11N BETWEEN 140W AND THE DATELINE. 
INDIVIDUAL THUNDERSTORMS ARE GENERALLY MOVING OFF IN A WESTWARD 
DIRECTION. SOME HIGH CIRRUS CLOUDS ARE BEING BLOWN OFF THE TOPS OF 
THESE THUNDERSTORMS BUT THEY PRESENTLY REMAIN WELL TO THE SOUTH OF 
THE STATE.

$$

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.