Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 22:58:41 -0500

982 
FZPN01 KWBC 280358
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC THU OCT 28 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 28. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 29. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 30. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 44N137W 992 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 46N138W TO 45N130W TO 40N127W. WITHIN 360 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 120 NM N AND E OF THE FRONT WINDS 35 TO 50 
KT. SEAS 13 TO 25 FT...HIGHEST W SEMICIRCLE. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
540 NM S AND 480 NM SW QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 240 NM N AND E OF 
THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. ALSO FROM 33N TO 
50N BETWEEN 124W AND 150W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N132W 998 MB. WITHIN 360 NM W QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 33N TO 45N 
BETWEEN 124W AND 141W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. ALSO 
FROM 30N TO 50N BETWEEN 124W AND 150W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N129W 1005 MB. FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 
120W AND 140W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT IN W TO NW SWELL.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 61N179E 956 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 420 NM 
SE...660 NM S AND 900 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 20 
TO 33 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 660 NM E...540 NM SE AND 1020 NM SW 
QUADRANTS AND WITHIN AN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 57N155W TO 
39N176W TO 42N151W TO 56N151W BACK TO 57N155W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. ALSO N OF 42N W OF 150W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 63N174W 963 MB. WITHIN 840 NM S 
QUADRANT WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
1020 NM S AND 300 NM E QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
19 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 63N173W 972 MB. N OF 42N BETWEEN 150W AND 
180W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 25 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 55N171W.

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 60N148W 982 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
LOW CENTER TO 55N143W TO 40N168W. WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT AND 
WITHIN 240 NM E AND SE OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND NEW LOW 57N136W 988 MB. 
FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW CENTER TO 47N135W TO 36N151W. WITHIN 
240 NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 50N AND WITHIN 240 NM E OF THE FRONT 
AND 420 NM W OF THE FRONT S OF 50N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
15 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N161W 1007 MB. WITHIN 300 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N176E 997 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 35N TO 45N 
BETWEEN 160E AND 173W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 55N173E 988 MB. FROM 45N TO 55N W OF 
50W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 30N172E 1014 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 
175W AND 171E WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 360 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 53N160W TO 43N180W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 180 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
51N151W TO 41N165W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 39N TO 43N BETWEEN 172E AND 178W. 

.HIGH 39N158W 1034 MB MOVING SW 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N161W 1030 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N172W 1027 MB. 

.HIGH 30N165W 1019 MB MOVING N 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N175E 1033 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N166W 1028 MB. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC THU OCT 28.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FRI OCT 29.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SAT OCT 30.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST  GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 90 NM FROM COAST 
N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT.  SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N96W... 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 13 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.18 HOUR FORECAST  N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...N OF 14N FROM 
94W TO 96W  N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR F0RECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...N OF 13N FROM 
94W TO 96W  N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 30 KT.  SEAS 9 TO 11 FT.  WITHIN 
30 NM OF LINE FROM 13N96W TO 12N99W  NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT.

.NW OF LINE FROM 27N114W TO 19N112W TO 14N140W  WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 20N FROM 112W TO 128W  WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW TO N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.LOW PRES AT 11N120W 1010 MB MOVING W AT 5 KT.  WITHIN 120 NM 
SE AND 60 NM NW QUADRANTS  WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LOW PRES NEAR 13N121W 1012 MB.  WITHIN 90 NM 
OF CENTER  WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 10N TO 20N 
BETWEEN 112W AND 128W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT IN 
NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  LOW PRES NEAR 14N122W 1013 MB.  WITHIN 60 NM 
SE AND NW QUADRANTS  WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT.  ELSEWHERE FROM 
12N TO 16N BETWEEN 115W AND 124W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 
TO 8 FT IN SUBSIDING N SWELL.

.FROM 05N TO 08N BETWEEN 82W AND 91W  S TO SW WINDS 20 KT.
SEAS TO 8 FT IN S SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 05N TO 08N BETWEEN 80W AND 95W  SW WINDS 
20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 04N TO 07N BETWEEN 81W AND 93W  WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.06 HOUR FORECAST  COLD FRONT 30N133W TO 27N140W.  W OF FRONT  
WIND LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST  COLD FRONT FROM 30N129W TO 25N133W.  N OF 28N 
W OF FRONT  NW TO N WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  COLD FRONT FROM 30N124W TO 24N130W.  W OF 
FRONT  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 10 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL... 
HIGHEST NW.  N OF 29N WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT  SW WINDS 20 KT.  
SEAS TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC THU OCT 28...

WEAK TROUGH FROM 09N120W TO 15N120W.  SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 
90 NM W OF TROUGH.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 09N84W TO 1010 MB 
LOW PRES AT 10N92W TO 09N102W TO 13N113W TO 08N130W TO 08N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM OF AXIS E OF 97W.

$$
.FORECASTER WALLY BARNES.  TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.