Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 23:40:11 -0500

873 
FZPN40 PHFO 280440
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC THU OCT 28 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 28 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 29 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 30 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAKENING LOW 31N172E 1014 MB SLOW MOVING. TROUGH FROM 30N174E TO 
27N175E TO 19N167E MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 
NM SW QUADRANT OF LOW...AND AREA BETWEEN 179E AND 173E N OF 14N.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. TROUGH FROM 30N168E TO 25N169E. 

.COLD FRONT FROM 28N140W TO 27N150W TO 29N159W MOVING SE 10 KT. FOR 
NEXT 12 HOURS NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 90 NM N OF FRONT
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING COLD FRONT FROM 25N140W TO 25N152W. 
WINDS WEAKENED TO 20 KT OR LESS.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED  

.RIDGE FROM 30N163E TO 29N160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN AREA FROM 12N TO 27N BETWEEN 153W AND 
175W.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 12N TO 27N BETWEEN 153W 
AND 177W.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS MOSTLY 20 KT OR LESS.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.  

.SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF 09N EXCEPT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT S OF 13N W OF 
172E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF 08N BETWEEN 150W AND 171E. 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT N OF 25N E OF 150W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 09N BETWEEN 155W AND 168E. 
SEAS 9 TO 11 FT N OF 20B E OF 149W.

.REMAINDER OF AREA SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AN AREA FROM 10N TO 12N BETWEEN 179W AND 
178E...AND FROM 05N TO 07N W OF 166E.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 10N155W TO 09N160W TO 06N174W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM N OF ITCZ BETWEEN 150W AND 160W...AND 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 90 NM N AND S OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER JHOAG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.