Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 00:30:12 -0500

989 
ATHW40 PHFO 280530
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC THU OCT 28 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC OCTOBER 28 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS A WEAKENING EAST TO WEST ORIENTED UPPER 
LEVEL TROUGH CENTERED ABOUT 275 MILES WEST OF KAUAI. THIS LOW IS 
DRAWING FURTHER TO THE WEST AND IS PULLING A NARROW BAND OF 
SCATTERED HIGH CLOUDS WHICH EXTENDS ACROSS MOST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN 
ISLANDS THIS EVENING. THESE HIGH CLOUDS ARE GENERALLY MOVING OFF 
TOWARD THE WEST WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE CLOUDS JUST EAST OF THE 
BIG ISLAND WHICH ARE MOVING IN A NORTHERLY DIRECTION. 

AN EAST TO WEST ORIENTED BAND OF LOW CLOUDS IS SEEN MOVING WESTWARD 
IN A RATHER STRONG TRADE WIND ENVIRONMENT. THIS BAND OF CLOUDS IS 
PRIMARILY TAKING AIM AT WINDWARD PORTIONS OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN 
ISLANDS AND IS BOUNDED BETWEEN 19N TO 23N AND FAR UPSTREAM INTO THE 
EASTERN CENTRAL PACIFIC. RADAR IS SHOWING WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS 
ON RADAR...MOSTLY HITTING WINDWARD AND MAUKA AREAS...WITH OCCASIONAL 
SHOWERS CARRYING OVER TO LEEWARD SIDES. ABOUT 300 MILES NORTH OF 
HONOLULU IS A BAND OF STRATUS AND STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS ASSOCIATED 
WITH A COLD FRONT ADVANCING TO THE SOUTH. THIS BAND OF CLOUDS IS 175 
MILES WIDE EXTENDING ALONG AN AXIS FROM 34N133W TO 27N151W TO 
35N168W.

FAR SOUTH OF THE STATE ALONG THE ITCZ IS A LARGE BAND OF WIDELY 
SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS THAT ARE IN AN AREA FROM 05N TO 12N AND 
139W TO 177W WITH TOPS EXTENDING TO 49 KFT. SOME HIGH CIRRUS CLOUDS 
ARE BEING BLOWN OFF THE TOPS OF THESE THUNDERSTORMS TO THE NORTH BUT 
THEY PRESENTLY REMAIN WELL TO THE SOUTH OF THE STATE.

$$

FOSTER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.