Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 04:53:53 -0500

766 
FZPN01 KWBC 280953
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC THU OCT 28 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 28. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 29. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 30. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 43N135W 995 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 47N133W TO 46N128W TO 40N126W. WITHIN 360 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 120 NM N AND E OF THE FRONT WINDS 35 TO 50 
KT. SEAS 15 TO 28 FT...HIGHEST SW SEMICIRCLE. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
540 NM SW QUADRANT AND WITHIN 240 NM N AND E OF THE FRONT WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ALSO FROM 33N TO 52N BETWEEN 124W 
AND 147W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N132W 1003 MB. WITHIN 360 NM W QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM NE 
AND 420 NM SE SEMICIRCLES WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. 
ALSO FROM 30N TO 45N BETWEEN 123W AND 144W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N128W 1010 MB. FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 
120W AND 135W WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT IN W TO NW 
SWELL. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 62N179W 958 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 660 NM S 
AND 900 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 24 TO 33 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM E...660 NM SE AND 1020 NM SW QUADRANTS 
AND WITHIN AN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 59N153W TO 40N179W TO 
42N151W TO 60N147W BACK TO 59N153W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
24 FT. ALSO NW OF LINE FROM 30N178W TO 53N147W WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 64N173W 968 MB. N AND NW OF A 
LINE FROM 45N160E TO 45N165W TO 56N150W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
14 TO 30 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 56N175W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 63N176W 975 MB. WITHIN 300 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM LOW CENTER TO 47N146W WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.12 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 59N149W 987 MB. WITHIN 300 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST INLAND LOW 61N147W 983 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM 59N140W TO 39N164W. WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT AND WITHIN 240 
NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 53N AND 300 NM EITHER SIDE OF THE FRONT S 
OF 53N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND AND NEW LOW 55N135W 988 
MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW CENTER TO 47N135W TO 36N145W. 
WITHIN 240 NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 50N AND WITHIN 240 NM E OF THE 
FRONT AND 420 NM W OF THE FRONT S OF 50N WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
9 TO 17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.30 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N162W 1006 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N176E 988 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 35N TO 45N 
BETWEEN 175E AND 166W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 55N179E 988 MB. WITHIN 600 NM SW 
QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
900 NM SW QUADRANT...EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 45N176E 
ABOVE...WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 30N171E 1014 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. FROM 30N TO 41N W OF 
179W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT IN MIXED SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 360 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 54N155W TO 40N179W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 120 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
49N146W TO 45N152W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 38N TO 44N BETWEEN 180W AND 172W. 

.HIGH 37N160W 1036 MB MOVING SW 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N161W 1031 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N169W 1027 MB. 

.HIGH 41N162E 1028 MB MOVING E 40 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N177E 1033 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N159W 1024 MB. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC THU OCT 28.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI OCT 29.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SAT OCT 30.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W INCLUDING THE
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM ON EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM
16N95W TO 14N95W TO 13N96W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...
N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 13 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.18 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W INCLUDING THE 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...N OF 13N
BETWEEN 93W AND 97W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR F0RECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 75 NM
ON EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N95W 14N95W 12N98W 11N103W 
N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.

.NW OF LINE FROM 27N114W TO 19N112W TO 22N110W TO 16N110W TO
14N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 20N BETWEEN 110W AND 125W
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW TO N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.LOW PRES NEAR 13N119W 1012 MB MOVING W AT 5 KT. WITHIN 120 NM
SE AND 60 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 13N121W 1012 MB. WITHIN 90 NM
OF CENTER WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 10N TO 20N 
BETWEEN 110W AND 128W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 14N122W 1013 MB. WITHIN 60 NM
N SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 12N TO
18N BETWEEN 115W AND 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.
SEAS TO 8 FT IN SUBSIDING N SWELL.

.COLD FRONT 30N132W TO 27N140W. 
W OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N127W TO 27N130W TO 24N137W.
N OF 28N W OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT IN
NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N122W TO 26N126W TO 22N133W.
W OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 13 FT IN NW 
SWELL...HIGHEST NW. WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT WINDS LESS
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC THU OCT 28...

LOW PRES NEAR 13N119W 1012 MB. SCATTERED STRONG FROM
11N TO 12N BETWEEN 121W AND 122W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...FROM 10N95W TO 9N105W TO 
13N116W TO 12N123W TO 8N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG FROM 
06N TO 07N BETWEEN 78W AND 82W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED 
STRONG FROM 07N TO 10N BETWEEN 90W AND 102W...FROM 11N TO 13N 
BETWEEN 105W AND 112W.

$$
.FORECASTER MT. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.