Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 05:45:09 -0500

469 
FZPN40 PHFO 281045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC THU OCT 28 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 28 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 29 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 30 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 27N140W TO 26N148W MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING COLD FRONT FROM 23N140W TO 23N144W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. 

.TROUGH FROM 30N176E TO 25N173E TO 19N167E MOVING W 10 KT. SE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 240 NM E OF TROUGH. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 420 NM E OF TROUGH AND WITHIN 60 NM W OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING TROUGH FROM 30N170E TO 20N162E. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.
 
.E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN AREA FROM 12N TO 27N BETWEEN 153W AND 
175W.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 11N TO 25N BETWEEN 155W 
AND 177W.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.  

.SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF 11N. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF 22N. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT FROM 10N 
TO 22N BETWEEN 155W AND 170E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 9 FT N OF 10N BETWEEN 158W AND 
169E...ALSO N OF 19N E OF 146W.

.REMAINDER OF AREA SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 09N165W TO 04N170E TO 06N160E. ISOLATED
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 270 NM N OF ITCZ AND 180 NM S OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER BRENCHLEY. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.