Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 07:32:44 -0500

128 
ATHW40 PHFO 281232
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC THU OCT 28 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC OCTOBER 28 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS A WEAKENING EAST TO WEST ORIENTED UPPER 
LEVEL TROUGH CENTERED ABOUT 350 MILES WEST OF KAUAI. MOST OF THE 
HIGH CLOUDS THAT WERE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS TROUGH THE PAST FEW DAYS 
HAVE DISSIPATED...JUST A FEW HIGH CLOUDS REMAIN OVER THE MAIN 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. WATER VAPOR ALSO SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL RIDGE 
CENTERED AROUND 33N157W AND DIGGING SOUTHWARD.

THE REFLECTED SURFACE HIGH IS CENTERED AT 37N161W THIS MORNING. 
THIS HIGH IS FAIRLY STRONG AND IS DRIVING STRONG TRADE WINDS OVER 
THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. TWO MAIN BANDS BROKEN CUMULUS AND 
STRATOCUMULUS ARE BEING PUSHED ALONG THE TRADES AT AROUND 25 MPH. 
THE FIRST IS A STRAIGHT EAST TO WEST BAND BETWEEN 17N TO 20N. MUCH 
OF THESE CLOUDS ARE BEING PUSHED AGAINST AND OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN 
ISLANDS AND BRINGING NUMEROUS SHOWERS ACROSS MOST WINDWARD 
LOCATIONS...ESPECIALLY IN AREAS WHERE SHOWERS ARE BEING ANCHORED 
OVER THE MOUNTAINS. MANY OF THE CLOUDS AND SHOWERS ARE ALSO BEING 
CARRIED ACROSS TO LEEWARD SIDES OF THE ISLANDS AS WELL.

A SECOND BAND OF LOW CLOUDS IS ABOUT 230 MILES NORTH OF HONOLULU IS 
A BAND ASSOCIATED WITH A WEAKENING COLD FRONT ADVANCING TO THE 
SOUTH. THIS BAND OF CLOUDS IS 75 TO 175 MILES WIDE EXTENDING ALONG 
AN AXIS FROM 33N132W TO 25N151W TO 33N165W. BEHIND THE FRONT...FLAT 
CLOSED-CELL CUMULUS CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH THE SURFACE HIGH COVER A 
LARGE AREA NORTH OF 28N...AND BETWEEN 139W TO 156W.

A PLUME OF LAYERED CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH A DEEP LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM 
FAR NORTHEAST OF HAWAII IS TRACKING SOUTHWEST AT 40 MPH AND IS 
BOUNDED BETWEEN 27N TO 35N AND 136W TO 144W. CLOUD TOPS ARE AROUND 
30 KFT ACROSS THE WHOLE AREA.

FAR SOUTH OF THE STATE ALONG THE ITCZ IS A LARGE BAND OF WIDELY 
SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS THAT ARE IN AN AREA FROM 05N TO 12N AND 133W 
TO 175W WITH TOPS EXTENDING TO 49 KFT. SOME HIGH CIRRUS CLOUDS ARE 
BEING BLOWN OFF THE TOPS OF THESE THUNDERSTORMS TO THE NORTH BUT 
THEY PRESENTLY REMAIN WELL TO THE SOUTH OF THE STATE.

$$

FOSTER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.