Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 10:44:27 -0500

698 
ATPQ40 PGUM 281544
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST FRI OCT 29 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A MID TO UPPER-LEVEL TROUGH EXTENDS NORTHEASTWARD FROM NORTH OF 
ENEWETAK ATOLL AT 5N164E TO A MID TO UPPER LOW CENTERED SOUTHEAST OF 
WAKE ISLAND AT 16N170E...THEN TURNS NORTHWARD TO BEYOND 25N AT 170E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE FLARING EAST OF WAKE ISLAND 
NORTH OF A LINE FROM 15N169E TO 21N178E.

A SURFACE TROUGH RUNS NORTH-NORTHWESTWARD FROM 1N138E TO BEYOND 25N 
AT 131E. AIDED BY AN UPPER TROUGH IN THE VICINITY...SCATTERED 
SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING NEAR THE SURFACE 
TROUGH JUST NORTH OF KOROR WITHIN 105 MILES OF A LINE FROM 7N133E TO 
12N135E. SIMILAR CONDITIONS ARE ALSO FOUND FARTHER SOUTHEAST BETWEEN 
2N AND 7N FROM 135E TO 140E.

ANOTHER SURFACE TROUGH REACHES NORTHEASTWARD FROM 1N148E TO 10N152E. 
DIVERGENT FLOW SOUTH OF THE AFOREMENTIONED UPPER TROUGH IS ALSO 
ENHANCING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS NEAR THE 
SECOND SURFACE TROUGH SOUTHEAST OF YAP WITHIN 100 MILES OF A LINE 
FROM 2N141E TO 6N142E TO 8N150E. WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE SEEN 
FARTHER EAST OVER CHUUK BETWEEN 7N AND 9N FROM 152E TO 158E...AND 
ALSO SOUTH OF POHNPEI BETWEEN 4N AND 6N FROM 155E TO 161E.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.