Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 10:47:34 -0500

288 
FZPN01 KWBC 281547
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC THU OCT 28 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 28. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 29. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 30. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 63N176W 960 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 660 NM S 
AND 900 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 24 TO 35 FT.
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM E...660 NM SE...AND 1020 NM SW QUADRANTS
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 64N175W 971 MB. N AND NW OF A 
LINE FROM 45N160E TO 45N165W TO 56N150W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
14 TO 28 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 62N176W 974 MB. WITHIN 300 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM LOW CENTER TO 47N146W WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N163E 1005 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
300 NM SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N168W 972 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 13 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM S 
AND SE SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 55N177W 971 MB. WITHIN 600 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 18 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
840 NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 42N134W 996 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 47N129W
TO 39N126W TO 37N126W. WITHIN 360 NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 
45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 29 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM SW QUADRANT AND 
WITHIN 240 NM N AND E OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
21 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N131W 1005 MB. WITHIN 360 NM W QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM NE 
AND 420 NM SE SEMICIRCLES WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N126W 1010 MB. FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 
120W AND 135W WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT IN W TO NW 
SWELL.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 58N152W 991 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 40N177W. WITHIN 300 NM E SEMICIRCLE AND 480 NM E OF 
THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST INLAND LOW 62N146W 984 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM 59N138W TO 49N143W TO 39N158W. WITHIN 300 NM S 
QUADRANT...WITHIN 240 NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 53N...AND WITHIN 
300 NM EITHER SIDE OF THE FRONT S OF 53N WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
9 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND AND NEW LOW 59N134W 986 
MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW CENTER TO 47N132W TO 38N137W. 
WITHIN 240 NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 50N AND WITHIN 240 NM E OF THE 
FRONT AND 420 NM W OF THE FRONT S OF 50N WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
9 TO 16 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 360 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 54N155W TO 40N179W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 120 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
49N146W TO 45N152W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 38N TO 44N BETWEEN 180W AND 172W. 

.HIGH 36N160W 1033 MB MOVING SW 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N165W 1030 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N180W 1025 MB. 

.HIGH 42N164E 1032 MB MOVING SE 40 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N174W 1032 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N152W 1020 MB.

.FORECASTER NOLT. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC THU OCT 28.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FRI OCT 29.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SAT OCT 30.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.12 HOUR FORECAST N OF 15N BETWEEN 94.5W AND 95.5W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W 
TO 14N95W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W 
TO 14N95W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W 
TO 13N96W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.06 HOUR FORECAST N OF 16N BETWEEN 94.5W AND 95.5W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 45 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 14.5N95W N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 60 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 14N95W TO 12N99W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 75 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 14N95W TO 11N100W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR F0RECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 60 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 13N96W TO 11N103W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

.LOW PRES NEAR 13N120W 1011 MB MOVING W AT 5 KT. WITHIN 120 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 15N BETWEEN 
112W AND 126W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 13N122W 1011 MB. WITHIN 210 NM N 
QUADRANT WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 11N TO 21N 
BETWEEN 113W AND 123W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 14N124W 1012 MB. WITHIN 150 NM 
NE QUADRANT WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.COLD FRONT 30N132W TO 26N140W. W OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N125W TO 25N131W TO 22N140W. 
W OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING COLD FRONT FROM 30N120W TO 
23N128W. W OF LINE FROM 30N115W TO 17N127W TO 15N140W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1315 UTC THU OCT 28...

.SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG E OF 82W FROM 04N TO 07N.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...09N84W TO 10N90W TO 09N100W TO 
LOW PRES 13N120W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG 
WITHIN 150 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 91W AND 96W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 120W AND 123W AS WELL AS 
WITHIN 120 NM N OF AXIS W OF 134W.

$$
FORECASTER SCHAUER. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.