Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 11:45:13 -0500

109 
FZPN40 PHFO 281645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC THU OCT 28 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 28 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 29 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 30 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 26N140W TO 25N146W THENCE A SHEARLINE. FRONT AND 
SHEARLINE MOVING S 10 KT. NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 120 NM N OF 
SHEARLINE W OF 150W.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT AND SHEARLINE DISSIPATED. WINDS DIMINISHED 
TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.TROUGH FROM 30N172E TO 25N171E TO 19N165E MOVING W 20 KT. SE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 240 NM E OF TROUGH. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 360 NM E OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING TROUGH FROM 30N168E TO 20N160E. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.
 
.E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN AREA FROM 12N TO 27N BETWEEN 156W AND 
178W.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 11N TO 26N BETWEEN 165W 
AND 175E.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.  

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF 11N E OF 170E...ALSO N OF 18N W OF 170E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF 22N. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT FROM 10N 
TO 22N BETWEEN 155W AND 170E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 10N170E TO 
12N160W TO 29N178E TO 15N165E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT N OF 18N E OF 144W.

.REMAINDER OF AREA SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 19N159W TO 
20N169W.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 09N171W TO 06N168E TO 06N160E. ISOLATED
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER BRENCHLEY. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.