Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 16:44:00 -0500

381 
FZPN01 KWBC 282143
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC THU OCT 28 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 28. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 29. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 30. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.FROM 33N TO 38N W OF 171E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N170E 1000 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
420 NM SE AND 240 NM NW SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 
10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N164W 954 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 50 TO 70 KT. SEAS 19 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
600 NM S AND 240 NM N SEMICIRCLES WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
19 FT. ALSO FROM 35N TO 52N BETWEEN 150W AND 173W WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 59N150W 988 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 55N147W TO 41N171W. WITHIN 300 NM E SEMICIRCLE AND 360 
NM E OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 61N147W 981 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST INLAND LOW 62N143W 980 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM 56N135W TO 49N139W TO 40N151W. WITHIN 420 NM S 
QUADRANT...WITHIN 300 NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 47N...AND WITHIN 
240 NM EITHER SIDE OF THE FRONT S OF 47N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND AND NEW LOW 50N131W 991 
MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW CENTER TO 45N130W TO 40N131W. 
WITHIN 240 NM OF LOW CENTER AND WITHIN 240 NM E OF THE FRONT 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N168E 992 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N174W 972 MB. WITHIN 660 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 45 TO 60 KT. SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
960 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 63N175W 960 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 840 NM 
S QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 31 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 
46N AND W OF 161W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 63N175W 973 MB. WITHIN 960 NM S 
AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 26 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 61N174W 976 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 300 NM W SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 41N133W 997 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 48N127W
TO 40N126W TO 36N126W. WITHIN 420 NM W AND SW SEMICIRCLES WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 120 NM E OF THE 
FRONT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N131W 1007 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 360 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 53N156W TO 41N172W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING.

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 39N TO 44N BETWEEN 173E AND 167E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 38N TO 45N BETWEEN 158W AND 
161W.

.HIGH 35N162W 1032 MB MOVING SW 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N169W 1029 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N175W 1022 MB. 

.HIGH 42N174E 1033 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N169W 1031 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N143W 1016 MB.

.FORECASTER NOLT. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC THU OCT 28.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FRI OCT 29.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SAT OCT 30.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.06 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 15N FROM 94.5W TO 95.5W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 30 TO 35 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 
16N94.5W TO 14N95W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 
16N94.5W TO 13N96W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 16N FROM 94W TO 95W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N 
WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 45 NM 
OF LINE FROM 16N94W TO 14N95W  N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT.  SEAS 
TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 60 NM 
OF LINE FROM 16N94W TO 14N95W TO 11N102W  N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT.  SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR F0RECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 60 NM 
OF LINE FROM 16N94W TO 13N96W TO 11N103W  N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT.  SEAS TO 12 FT.

.LOW PRES AT 14N121W 1012 MB MOVE W AT 5 KT.  WITHIN 120 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE  WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT.  ELSEWHERE N OF 10N FROM 
112W TO 125W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LOW PRES NEAR 14N123W 1012 MB.  WITHIN 210 NM 
N QUADRANT  WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT.  ELSEWHERE FROM 12N TO 
18N BETWEEN 113W AND 124W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 FT IN 
NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  LOW PRES NEAR 14N125W 1013 MB.  WITHIN 90 NM 
NE QUADRANT  WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.COLD FRONT 30N131W TO 25N140W.  W OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT.  SEAS TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N125W TO 25N131W TO 22N140W. 
W OF FRONT  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  DISSIPATING COLD FRONT FROM 30N119W TO 
23N130W.  W OF LINE FROM 30N115W TO 15N126W TO 13N140W  WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC THU OCT 28...

.SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG E OF 82W FROM 04N TO 07N.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 10N85W TO 10N91W TO 
09N99W TO LOW PRES 1012 MB AT 14N121W TO 09N135W TO 09N140W.  
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 150 NM OF AXIS E OF 100W.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM OF AXIS W OF 100W.

$$
FORECASTER WALLY BARNES

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.