Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 17:40:11 -0500

558 
FZPN40 PHFO 282240
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC THU OCT 28 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 28 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 29 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 30 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.SHEAR LINE FROM 25N140W TO 24N160W MOVING S SLOWLY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SHEARLINE DISSIPATING ALONG 22N140W TO 20N149W. 

.TROUGH FROM 28N172E TO 24N171E TO 19N165E MOVING W 15 KT. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM W OF TROUGH AND BETWEEN TROUGH AND LINE 
25N175E TO 20N175E TO 15N170E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING TROUGH FROM 30N166E TO 22N160E. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.
 
.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN AREA FROM 10N TO 26N BETWEEN 152W AND 
180W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 11N TO 20N BETWEEN 165W 
AND 175E.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.  

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF 09N BETWEEN 153W AND 172E. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT N 
OF 25N E OF 153E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF 09N BETWEEN 145W AND 168E. 
SEAS 9 TO 11 FT N OF 20N E OF 149W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT FROM 09N TO 27N W OF 173W. SEAS 8 
TO 9 FT WITHIN 90 NM OF POINT 13N168W.

.REMAINDER OF AREA SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 19N159W TO 
20N169W.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 09N160W TO 07N180E TO 05N170E TO 05N160E. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM N OF OF ITCZ AND 60 NM S OF 
ITCZ BETWEEN 153W AND 177W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF 
ITCZ BETWEEN 173E AND 170E AND ALSO W OF 162E. 

$$
.FORECASTER JHOAG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.