Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 19:31:15 -0500

475 
ATHW40 PHFO 290031
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC FRI OCT 29 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC OCTOBER 29 2010

STRONG HIGH PRESSURE AT THE SURFACE AND ALOFT SITTING 850 MILES 
NORTH OF KAUAI IS PRODUCING A TRADE WIND FLOW OVER MOST OF THE 
CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC. HIGH PRESSURE GIVES WAY TO A SHARP UPPER 
LEVEL TROUGH ALONG 22N140W TO 21N147W THAT IS DIGGING TO THE 
SOUTHEAST AT 25 MPH. THIS UPPER TROUGH IS DRIVING A WEAK SURFACE 
FRONT OR SHEAR LINE THAT IS MARKED BY A 125 MILE-WIDE BAND OF BROKEN 
CUMULUS AND STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS CENTERED ALONG 25N140W...23N153W... 
AND 26N165W. THIS FEATURE IS MOVING TO THE SOUTH AROUND 10 MPH.

THE ABOVE MENTIONED CLOUD BAND IS CURRENTLY LOCATED 20 MILES NORTH 
OF KAUAI...LEAVING A RATHER TYPICAL LOW CLOUD PATTERN OVER THE 
ISLANDS. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE CONFINED TO WINDWARD SLOPES OF THE 
SMALLER ISLANDS...THOUGH NARROW CLOUD BANDS DOWNWIND OF AND PARALLEL 
TO THE KOOLAU RANGE ARE OBSERVED ACROSS CENTRAL OAHU. THESE CLOUD 
BANDS SUGGEST THE PRESENCE OF LOW LEVEL TURBULENCE. ON THE BIG 
ISLAND...BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS COVER ALL LOWER SLOPES BELOW 
6500 KFT WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE NORTH KOHALA AND NORTH KONA 
DISTRICTS AND THE KAU DESERT. INDIVIDUAL LOW CLOUDS NEAR THE ISLANDS 
ARE TRAVELLING FROM THE EAST NORTHEAST AT 25 TO 30 MPH.

A WEAK...ELONGATED UPPER LEVEL LOW LOCATED NEAR 21N166W IS 
TRIGGERING ISOLATED TOWERING CUMULUS CELLS WITH TOPS TO 30 KFT 250 
TO 400 MILES SOUTHWEST OF KAUAI. THE UPPER LOW IS MOVING TO THE WEST 
NORTHWEST AT 10 MPH AND IS HAVING LITTLE EFFECT ON THE WEATHER NEAR 
THE ISLANDS.

TO THE SOUTH OF THE STATE...ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN THE ITCZ 
ARE CONFINED MAINLY SOUTH OF 10N...THOUGH SOME THUNDERSTORMS ARE 
NOTED BETWEEN 10N AND 12N BETWEEN 175W AND 155W.

$$

DWROE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.