Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 23:17:37 -0500

512 
FZPN01 KWBC 290417
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC FRI OCT 29 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 29. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 30. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 31. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.FROM 33N TO 38N W OF 175E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING LOW 44N176E 997 MB. 
WITHIN 420 NM S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 35N TO 45N W OF 173W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 
12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 49N161W 944 MB. 
WITHIN 360 NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 60 TO 75 KT. SEAS 30 TO 44 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM NE SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 540 NM SE AND 
SW AND 840 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 45 TO 60 KT. SEAS 16 TO 32 
FT...HIGHEST W QUADRANT. ALSO WITHIN 300 NM NE SEMICIRCLE AND 
WITHIN 780 NM SE...900 NM SW AND 1320 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 
45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 60N148W 984 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 56N143W TO 50N149W TO 39N172W. WITHIN 240 NM EITHER 
SIDE OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N147W 982 MB. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 540 NM 
SW QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST INLAND LOW 63N139W 981 MB. NW OF A LINE FROM 
56N135W TO 41N155W AND SW OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND AND CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 64N173W 967 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. N OF 46N W OF 
157W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 29 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 57N174W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 63N174W 975 MB. NW OF THE 
ALEUTIAN ISLANDS...EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 54N173E 
BELOW...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 14 TO 25 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY COMPLEX LOW 49N161W DESCRIBED 
ABOVE. NW OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS...EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED WITH 
COMPLEX LOW 49N161W ABOVE...WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT 
IN MIXED SWELL. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 41N132W 1000 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 240 NM LOW 
CENTER...EXCEPT WITHIN 480 NM SW QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 13 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 50N BETWEEN 124W AND 
142W WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 11 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N129W 1008 MB. WITHIN 300 NM LOW CENTER 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 55N134W 994 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
LOW CENTER TO 48N136W TO 38N151W. WITHIN 360 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF THE FRONT S OF 50N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND. N OF 38N E OF 131W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT WITH NW SWELL.

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N173E 985 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE AND 600 
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH COMPLEX LOW 49N161W 
ABOVE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 180 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 54N146W TO 44N162W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 38N TO 44N BETWEEN 178W AND 174E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING.

.HIGH 34N164W 1032 MB MOVING W 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N175W 1029 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N171E 1022 MB. 

.HIGH 42N175E 1034 MB MOVING SE 30 KT WILL ACCELERATE AFTER 24 
HOURS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N166W 1028 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N138W 1016 MB. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC FRI OCT 29.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SAT OCT 30.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SUN OCT 31.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.06 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 15N FROM 94W TO 96W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 30 TO 35 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N94W TO 14N95W... 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT.  SEAS 
9 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N94W TO 13N96W... 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT.  SEAS 
10 TO 14 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 16N FROM 94W TO 95W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...
N WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 45 NM 
OF LINE FROM 16N94W TO 14N95W  N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT.  SEAS 
TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 60 NM 
OF LINE FROM 16N94W TO 14N95W TO 11N102W  N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT.  SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR F0RECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 60 NM 
OF LINE FROM 16N94W TO 13N96W TO 11N103W  N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT.  SEAS TO 12 FT.

.LOW PRES AT 14N121W 1010 MB MOVE W AT 5 KT.  WITHIN 120 NM NW 
QUADRANT  NE WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS 8 FT.  ELSEWHERE N OF 10N FROM 
112W TO 126W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LOW PRES NEAR 14N124W 1011 MB.  WITHIN 90 NM 
N QUADRANT  WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT.  ELSEWHERE FROM 12N TO 
18N BETWEEN 113W AND 124W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 FT IN 
NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  LOW PRES DISSIPATE.  WEAK TROUGH 11N127N TO 
15N126W.  WITHIN 90 NM W OF AXIS  WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.COLD FRONT 30N131W TO 26N137W.  W OF FRONT  WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT.  SEAS TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT  FROM 30N124W TO 24N134W.  W OF 
FRONT  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 12 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  COLD FRONT DISSIPATED.  W OF LINE FROM 
30N116W TO 14N125W TO 13N140W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT IN NW SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC FRI OCT 29...

.SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG E OF 82W FROM 04N TO 07N.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 11N86W TO 08N100W TO 
LOW PRES 1012 MB AT 14N121W TO 09N134W TO 09N140W.  SCATTERED 
MODERATE WITHIN 150 NM OF AXIS E OF 95W AND FROM 124W TO 135W.  
ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM OF AXIS FROM 95W TO 115W.

$$
FORECASTER WALLY BARNES

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.