Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 23:45:13 -0500

707 
FZPN40 PHFO 290445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC FRI OCT 29 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 29 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 30 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 31 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.SHEAR LINE FROM 24N140W TO 22N150W TO 23N161W MOVING S SLOWLY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SHEAR LINE DISSIPATING ALONG 22N140W TO 20N149W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SHEAR LINE DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 29N171E TO 20N165E MOVING W 15 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS BOUNDED BY 24N168E 19N174E 14N168E 21N164E 24N168E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING TROUGH FROM 30N164E TO 26N160E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.
 
.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN AREA FROM 10N TO 26N BETWEEN 152W AND 
180W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 11N TO 20N BETWEEN 165W 
AND 175E.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS ELSEWHERE.  

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF 09N BETWEEN 153W AND 172E. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT N 
OF 25N E OF 153E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF 09N BETWEEN 145W AND 168E. 
SEAS 9 TO 11 FT N OF 20N E OF 149W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT FROM 09N TO 27N W OF 173W. SEAS 8 
TO 9 FT WITHIN 90 NM OF 13N168W.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS ELSEWHERE.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 13N176E TO 
11N169E.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 09N160W TO 07N180E TO 05N170E TO 05N160E. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM N OF OF ITCZ AND 60 NM S OF 
ITCZ BETWEEN 153W AND 168E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
60 NM OF ITCZ. 

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.