Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 04:50:30 -0500

725 
FZPN01 KWBC 290950
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC FRI OCT 29 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 29. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 30. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 31. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW W OF AREA 39N156E MOVING NE 55 KT. WITHIN 360 NM E QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N176E 985 MB AND RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING. 
WITHIN 420 NM S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 35N TO 47N W OF 166W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 50N160W 941 MB. 
WITHIN 360 NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 60 TO 75 KT. SEAS 32 TO 48 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM NE SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 720 NM SE AND 
SW...540 NM S AND 840 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 45 TO 60 KT. SEAS 20 
TO 35 FT...HIGHEST SW AND W QUADRANTS. ALSO WITHIN 1500 NM 
W...1020 NM SW AND SE...900 NM S...660 NM E AND 360 NM N 
QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 60N147W 980 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 57N140W TO 52N143W TO 38N169W. WITHIN 240 NM E OF THE 
FRONT N OF 50N WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 180 NM SW QUADRANT AND WITHIN 240 NM EITHER SIDE OF THE 
FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST INLAND LOW 59N148W 985 MB. NW OF A LINE FROM 
51N135W TO 40N145W AND SW OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND AND CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N179E 976 MB. FROM 47N TO 58N W OF 176W 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 47N TO 58N W 
OF 169W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 14 TO 20 FT WITH MIXED SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH COMPLEX LOW 50N160W 
ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 64N172W 970 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. N OF 45N W OF 
150W...EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 60N147W ABOVE...WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 15 TO 29 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 55N175W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 63N173W 976 MB. NW OF THE 
ALEUTIAN ISLANDS...EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 56N179E 
ABOVE...WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 14 TO 19 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY COMPLEX LOW 50N160W DESCRIBED 
ABOVE. NW OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS...EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED WITH 
COMPLEX LOW 50N160W ABOVE...WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT 
IN MIXED SWELL. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 39N131W 1005 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 240 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 45N 
BETWEEN 124W AND 143W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 11 TO 17 FT WITH 
MIXED SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N127W 1009 MB. WITHIN 300 NM LOW CENTER 
WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT IN MIXED SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 53N132W 993 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
LOW CENTER TO 46N133W TO 39N140W. WITHIN 240 NM E AND 420 NM SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
240 NM EITHER SIDE OF THE FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND. N OF 38N E OF 126W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT WITH NW SWELL. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 180 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 51N144W TO 45N153W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 40N TO 45N BETWEEN 180W AND 173W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.HIGH 34N162W 1032 MB MOVING W 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N173W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 42N180W 1034 MB MOVING SE 45 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N159W 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N134W 1016 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N162E.

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FRI OCT 29.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SAT OCT 30.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SUN OCT 31.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 14N96W... 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 
14N95.5W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...ELSEWHERE WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 
FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 13N96W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 12N97W TO 11N102W 
N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 
13N97W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 13N BETWEEN 95W AND 
108W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW 
SWELL.

.LOW PRES 14N122W 1012 MB MOVING W AT 8 KT. WITHIN 120 NM NW 
QUADRANT NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 10N TO 24N 
BETWEEN 114W AND 126W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN 
NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 14N125W 1012 MB. WITHIN 90 NM N 
QUADRANT WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 12N TO 18N 
BETWEEN 120W AND 128W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES DISSIPATED. WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.COLD FRONT 30N128W TO 26N133W TO 23N140W. NW OF FRONT WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NEAR 
30N140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT DISSIPATING FROM 30N122W TO 25N128W 
TO 22N134W. NW OF LINE FROM 30N120W TO 26N120W TO 16N135W TO 
15N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL... 
HIGHEST NEAR 29N130W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT DISSIPATED. NW OF LINE FROM 27N115W 
TO 20N115W TO 10N125W TO 10N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC FRI OCT 29...

.SCATTERED STRONG N OF 11N BETWEEN 86W AND 89W.

.SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM OF COAST OF COSTA RICA BETWEEN 
83W AND 86W.

.LOW PRES 14N122W...SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM N QUADRANT.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 08N78W TO 10N100W TO 
12N120W THEN RESUMES NEAR 13N125W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 125W AND 132W.

$$
FORECASTER LEWITSKY

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.