Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 05:45:11 -0500

142 
FZPN40 PHFO 291045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC FRI OCT 29 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 29 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 30 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 31 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.TROUGH FROM 29N167E TO 20N163E MOVING W 20 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS FROM 12N TO 21N BETWEEN 174E AND 160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING TROUGH FROM 30N162E TO 27N160E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH MOVED W OF AREA.
 
.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 16N TO 26N BETWEEN 155W AND 175W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS ELSEWHERE.  

.SEAS 12 TO 13 FT N OF 26N E OF 144W...SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N 
OF A LINE FROM 24N140W TO 10N150W TO 05N175W TO 20N160E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF A LINE FROM 18N140W TO 
10N155W TO 15N180W TO 10N165E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N140W TO 15N145W TO 
10N140W. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT BOUNDED BY 27N160E 27N175E 10N155W 10N160E 
26N160E.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS ELSEWHERE.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 13N176E TO 
11N169E.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 08N150W TO 10N161W TO 07N180W TO 07N170E TO 
04N160E. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF THE 
ITCZ BETWEEN 176W AND 170E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
150 NM OF THE ITCZ W OF 160W. 

$$
.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.