Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 10:32:10 -0500

726 
ATPQ40 PGUM 291532
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST SAT OCT 30 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A MID TO UPPER-LEVEL LOW IS CENTERED SOUTHWEST OF WAKE ISLAND AT 
17N163E. SURFACE CONVERGENCE IS INTERACTING WITH THIS FEATURE TO 
CREATE SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WEST OF WAKE 
BETWEEN 14N AND 22N FROM 156E TO 164E.

A SURFACE TROUGH RUNS NORTHWARD FROM 1N131E TO 14N130E. SCATTERED 
SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING NEAR THE TROUGH 
OVER KOROR AND YAP BETWEEN 4N AND 11N FROM 134E TO 141E. SIMILAR 
CONDITIONS ARE ALSO FOUND WEST OF KOROR BETWEEN 7N AND 9N FROM 130E 
TO 133E...AND NORTH OF PALAU WITHIN 60 MILES OF A LINE FROM 15N135E 
TO 13N130E. CONVERGING WINDS EAST OF THE TROUGH ARE COUPLING WITH 
DIVERGENT UPPER WINDS TO PRODUCE IDENTICAL WEATHER WEST OF GUAM 
WITHIN 65 MILES OF A LINE FROM 13N138E TO 13N143E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS TRIGGERING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS OVER CHUUK...POHNPEI AND KOSRAE BETWEEN 2N AND 10N 
FROM 149E TO 167E. STRONGER CONVERGENCE FARTHER EAST IS CAUSING 
NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS OVER THE MARSHALL 
ISLANDS EASTWARD TO THE DATE LINE BETWEEN 5N AND 11N FROM 167E TO 
180.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.