Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 10:59:38 -0500

799 
FZPN01 KWBC 291559
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC FRI OCT 29 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 29. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 30. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 31. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 41N161E MOVING NE 55 KT AND RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING. WITHIN 
360 NM SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N170W 964 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SW AND 420 
NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 45 TO 60 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 840 NM SW QUADRANT...660 NM SE QUADRANT...AND 300 NM NE 
QUADRANT WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N165W 936 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 55 TO 75 KT. SEAS 24 TO 39 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N159W 940 MB. WITHIN 540 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 33 TO 50 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
39N TO 56N BETWEEN 138W AND 178E WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 21 TO 
33 FT. ALSO FROM 35N TO 58N BETWEEN 133W AND 171E WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 61N146W 978 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 57N139W TO 51N139W TO 40N156W. WITHIN 240 NM E OF THE 
FRONT N OF 50N WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 180 NM SW QUADRANT AND WITHIN 300 NM EITHER SIDE OF THE 
FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 59N147W 987 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
52N130W TO 46N131W TO 41N133W. WITHIN 420 NM S QUADRANT AND 
WITHIN 180 NM E OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 56N165E 999 MB MOVING E 25 KT. WITHIN 540 NM S 
AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N178W 967 MB. FROM 44N TO 57N BETWEEN 
178W AND 173E WINDS 45 TO 60 KT. SEAS 18 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 840 NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 50N159W ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 64N173W 973 MB MOVING S 10 KT. N OF 47N BETWEEN 
154W AND 177E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 27 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 63N172W 976 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 120 NM SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N173W 987 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 420 NM W SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 38N131W 1007 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 300 NM W AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 13 TO 21 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 180 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 51N144W TO 45N153W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 40N TO 45N BETWEEN 180W AND 173W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.HIGH 33N171W 1032 MB MOVING SW 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N177W 1026 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 42N173W 1034 MB MOVING SE 35 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N156W 1021 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N165E 1031 MB.

.FORECASTER NOLT. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FRI OCT 29.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SAT OCT 30.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SUN OCT 31.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 14N96W... 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 
14N95.5W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...ELSEWHERE WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 
FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 13N96W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 12N97W TO 11N102W 
N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 
13N97W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 13N BETWEEN 95W AND 
108W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL.

.LOW NEAR 14N122W 1012 MB MOVING W AT 08 KT. WITHIN 120 NM NW 
QUADRANT NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 10N TO 24N 
BETWEEN 114W AND 126W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES DISSIPATED. WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N126W TO 26N131W THEN DISSIPATING TO 23N140W. 
NW OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. N OF 27N W OF FRONT WINDS LESS
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL..HIGHEST ALONG AND NEAR 
30N. ELSEWHERE W OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT
IN NW SWELL. N OF 26N WITHIN 120 NM SE OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT DISSIPATING FROM 30N122W TO 24N130W
TO 21N140W. NW OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT
IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST N OF 28N BETWEEN FRONT AND 134W. WITHIN  
180 NM SE OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW
TO N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT MOVED E OF AREA AND DISSIPATED. NW 
OF LINE FROM 27N115W TO 15N125W TO 10N140W WINDS LESS THAN THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1515 UTC FRI OCT 29...

.SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF THE SOUTHERN COAST OF COSTA
RICA.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 09N85W TO 09N97W TO
11N108W TO 10N116W TO 13N124W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED STRONG WITHIN
120 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 110W AND 116W...AND 30 NM OF AXIS 
BETWEEN 87W AND 89W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 
60 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 117W AND 120W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 
120 NM S OF AXIS BETWEEN 124W AND 127W...WITHIN 60 NM N OF AXIS 
BETWEEN 105W AND 108W AND BETWEEN 125W AND 132W.

$$
FORECASTER AGUIRRE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.