Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 11:45:22 -0500

979 
FZPN40 PHFO 291645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC FRI OCT 29 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 29 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 30 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 31 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.TROUGH FROM 30N167E TO 15N161E MOVING W 20 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS FROM 14N TO 20N W OF 163E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH MOVED W OF AREA.
 
.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 17N TO 22N BETWEEN 155W AND 165W AND FROM 
12N TO 15N BETWEEN 177W AND 177E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS ELSEWHERE.  

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF 22N E OF 150W. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF 08N 
BETWEEN 150W AND 170E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N170E TO 
18N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF 10N E OF 165E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 FT E OF A LINE FROM 20N140W TO 12N145W TO 
11N140W. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT BOUNDED BY 25N160E 27N175W 10N160W 10N160E 
25N160E.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS ELSEWHERE.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 13N176E TO 
11N169E.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 08N152W TO 10N170W TO 05N165E TO 06N160E. 
SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS FROM 05N TO 14N BETWEEN 180W AND 
168E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF THE ITCZ ELSEWHERE W 
OF 160E.

$$
.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.