Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 16:58:53 -0500

873 
FZPN01 KWBC 292158
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC FRI OCT 29 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 29. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 30. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 31. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 43N169E MOVING NE 45 KT AND RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING. WITHIN 
360 NM SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N166W 944 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 21 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
40N TO 54N BETWEEN 155W AND 169E WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 13 TO 
21 FT. ALSO FROM 35N TO 57N BETWEEN 153W AND 162E WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N164W 936 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 55 TO 75 KT. SEAS 24 TO 39 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N155W 940 MB. WITHIN 540 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 35 TO 52 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
38N TO 57N BETWEEN 130W AND 178W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 21 TO 
35 FT. ALSO FROM 32N TO 59N BETWEEN 128W AND 171E WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 54N169E 991 MB MOVING E 25 KT AND RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING. 
WITHIN 420 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
16 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N179E 974 MB. WITHIN 780 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 13 TO 21 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N174W 967 MB. FORECAST CONDITIONS MERGED 
WITH LOW 51N166W ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 61N141W 976 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 56N135W TO 50N137W TO 41N148W. WITHIN 1020 NM S 
QUADRANT AND WITHIN 300 NM EITHER SIDE OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 59N147W 987 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
53N129W TO 46N129W TO 40N130W. WITHIN 180 NM NE QUADRANT AND 
WITHIN 240 NM E OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 64N172W 975 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. WITHIN 1020 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 26 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 63N171W 976 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 360 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N171W 987 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 480 NM NW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 37N130W 1009 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 300 NM W AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 38N TO 44N W OF 166E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 38N TO 45N 
BETWEEN 177E AND 166E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 39N TO 45N BETWEEN 158W AND 
162W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING.

.HIGH 34N168W 1030 MB MOVING SW 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N180W 1025 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 42N169W 1031 MB MOVING SE 40 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N147W 1018 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N169E 1030 MB.

.FORECASTER NOLT. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FRI OCT 29.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SAT OCT 30.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN OCT 31.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 14N96W... 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT.
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W  
TO 14N95W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 
40 KT.  SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...ELSEWHERE WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 
FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 13N96W  N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 90 NM 
OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 12N97W TO 11N102W  N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 
13N97W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.  ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 13N BETWEEN 95W AND 
108W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.

.LOW PRES AT 14N124W 1013 MB MOVE W AT 08 KT.  WITHIN 120 NM NW 
QUADRANT NE WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT.  ELSEWHERE FROM 12N TO 
17N BETWEEN 114W AND 125W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT 
IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LOW PRES DISSIPATED.  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N124W TO 23N136W THEN DISSIPATING TO 22N140W. 
W OF FRONT  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 11 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL. 
N OF 26N WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 
8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  COLD FRONT DISSIPATING FROM 30N119W TO 
26N126W.  NW OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN 
NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  COLD FRONT DISSIPATED.  ELSEWHERE N OF 13N W 
OF 115W  WINDS LESS THAN THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC FRI OCT 29...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 09N84W TO 09N101W TO 
11N108W TO 10N117W TO 13N126W TO 09N140W.  ISOLATED MODERATE 
WITHIN 90 NM OF AXIS E OF 92W.  SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED 
STRONG WITHIN 120 NM OF AXIS FROM 105W TO 120W.

$$
FORECASTER WALLY BARNES

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.