Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 17:40:17 -0500

981 
FZPN40 PHFO 292240
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC FRI OCT 29 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 29 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 30 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 31 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.TROUGH FROM 26N163E TO 23N160E MOVING W 15 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS FROM 14N TO 23N W OF 163E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH MOVED W OF AREA.
 
.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 10N TO 16N BETWEEN 155W AND 168E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS ELSEWHERE.  

.SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF 20N E OF 148W. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF 10N 
BETWEEN 156W AND 171E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 9 FT FROM 13N TO 21N E OF 143W. SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT FROM 10N TO 27N BETWEEN 173W AND 163E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT FROM 
10N TO 16N BETWEEN 173W AND 160W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 9 FT FROM 11N TO 24N W OF 179E.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS ELSEWHERE.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 23N170E TO 20N174E...
AND LINE 12N158W TO 12N167W.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 08N150W TO 11N170W TO 05N165E TO 06N160E. 
SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 11N180E TO 
04N174E TO 09N167E TO 11N180E. OTHERWISE ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 120 NM OF THE ITCZ ELSEWHERE W OF 170E...AND WITHIN 90 NM N 
OF ITCZ BETWEEN 144W AND 151W.

$$
.FORECASTER JHOAG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.