Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 23:26:53 -0500

540 
FZPN01 KWBC 300426
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC SAT OCT 30 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 30. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 31. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 01. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 45N177E 989 MB MOVING NE 35 KT AND RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING. 
WITHIN 300 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
16 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 37N TO 47N W OF 174W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N163W 938 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 60 TO 75 KT. SEAS 28 TO 42 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM S 
AND SW QUADRANTS...WITHIN 180 NM N AND NE OF A LINE FROM 40N152W 
TO 50N155W TO 53N165W...AND FROM 50N TO 53N BETWEEN 171W AND 
179E WINDS 45 TO 60 KT. SEAS 19 TO 33 FT. ALSO FROM 36N TO 56N 
BETWEEN 147W AND 180W...AND OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF A LINE 
FROM 41N180W TO 50N160E WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N152W 943 MB. A FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
56N141W TO 53N134W TO 50N132W TO 46N133W TO 34N150W. BETWEEN 180 
NM AND 480 NM S QUADRANT AND WITHIN 120 NM E AND NE OF FRONT N 
OF 50N WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 38 TO 54 FT...EXCEPT 16 TO 24 FT 
E AND NE OF FRONT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM SE...900 NM SW AND 
360 NM NW QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 180 NM E AND NE OF FRONT N OF 
45N WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 28 TO 42 FT. ALSO WITHIN 1080 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...900 NM NE AND 540 NM NW QUADRANTS AND FROM 39N TO 
50N BETWEEN 171W AND 175E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 55N175E 982 MB MOVING E 15 KT. FROM 47N TO 56N W OF 173W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N178W 970 MB. WITHIN 180 NM W AND 540 NM 
S QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N174W 969 MB. FORECAST CONDITIONS MERGED 
WITH LOW 50N163W DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.INLAND LOW 61N148W 982 MB MOVING S 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 
56N133W TO 50N134W TO 44N139W. WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT AND 
WITHIN 960 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 20 
FT...WITH HIGHEST SEAS NEAR 50N160W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 49N127W 1000 MB. FROM 40N TO 49N E OF 
128W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
FORECAST LOW 50N152W ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 63N171W 974 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 840 NM S AND 240 
NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 63N172W 980 MB WITH CONDITIONS W OF 
FORECAST AREA.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N176W 988 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 
50N TO 59N W OF 172W AND WITHIN 300 NM N QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N153E 1006 MB W OF AREA. FROM 40N TO 44N 
W OF 166E AREA OF E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 36N129W 1008 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 300 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 13 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 40N 
BETWEEN 120W AND 150W WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 118W 
AND 148W WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 40N TO 44N 
BETWEEN 177W AND 172E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.HIGH 33N167W 1028 MB MOVING E 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 41N164W 1028 MB MOVING SE 40 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N141W 1016 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 32N174E 1027 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N163E 1034 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N169E 1031 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N126W 1021 MB. 

.FORECASTER CLARK. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SAT OCT 30.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SUN OCT 31.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON NOV 01.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 14N96W... 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT.
SEAS 10 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W  
TO 14N95W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 
40 KT.  SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...ELSEWHERE WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 
FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 13N96W  N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 75 NM 
OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 13N97W TO 11N99W  N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 
13N97W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.  ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 13N BETWEEN 95W AND 
108W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.

.WEAK TROUGH FROM 12N TO 18N ALONG 1234W MOVE W AT 10 KT.  
WITHIN 90 NM W OF AXIS  NE WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT.  
ELSEWHERE FROM 12N TO 17N BETWEEN 114W AND 125W  WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  TROUGH DISSIPATED.  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N124W TO 24N132W.  W OF FRONT  WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 11 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL.  N OF 26N WITHIN 120 
NM E OF FRONT  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW 
SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST  COLD FRONT DISSIPATING FROM 30N118W TO 
26N126W.  N OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 10 TO 13 FT IN 
NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE N OF LINE FROM 28N115W TO 15N123W TO 
12N140W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT//SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  COLD FRONT DISSIPATED.  ELSEWHERE N OF 13N W 
OF 115W  WINDS LESS THAN THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0230 UTC SAT OCT 30...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 09N85W TO 08N101W TO 
11N108W TO 10N116W TO 13N124W TO 09N140W.  ISOLATED MODERATE 
WITHIN 90 NM OF AXIS E OF 94W.  SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED 
STRONG WITHIN 180 NM N AND 120 NM S OF AXIS FROM 100W TO 120W.

$$
FORECASTER WALLY BARNES

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.