Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 00:00:15 -0500

069 
ATHW40 PHFO 300500
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SAT OCT 30 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0430 UTC OCTOBER 30 2010

SHOWERY LOW CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH AN OLD FRONT CONTINUE TO PUSH 
THROUGH THE ISLAND CHAIN THIS EARLY EVENING.  CEILINGS ARE 
CONCENTRATED OVER WINDWARD...MAUKA...AND UPSLOPE AREAS ON EACH 
ISLE...THOUGH LEEWARD SECTIONS OF THE SMALLER ISLES AND WEST MAUI 
ARE ALSO SEEING OCCASIONAL BROKEN LOW CLOUDS.  LOW CLOUDINESS WITH 
THE OLD FRONT HAS ONLY RECENTLY BEGUN TO AFFECT THE BIG ISLAND...SO 
THE WINDWARD PORTION OF THAT ISLE IS SEEING THE LEAST AMOUNT OF 
SHOWERS FOR THE MOMENT.  ADDITIONALLY...BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW 
CLOUDS ARE EVIDENT OVER THE MOUNTAIN SLOPES IN KAU...KONA...AND 
SOUTH KOHALA ON THE ISLAND OF HAWAII...AND THE WEST-FACING SLOPES OF 
HALEAKALA IN EAST MAUI.  LOW CLOUD MOTION IS FROM THE EAST-NORTHEAST 
NEAR 20 MPH ACROSS THE ALOHA STATE.

IMMEDIATELY NORTH CLOCKWISE THROUGH EAST OF THE ISLANDS ARE BROKEN 
SHOWERY LOW CLOUDS...INCLUDING THE KAUAI CHANNEL.  CONDITIONS ARE 
SCATTERED TO BROKEN IN THE OTHER CHANNELS.  MORE LOW CEILINGS EXIST 
SOUTHEAST CLOCKWISE THROUGH SOUTHWEST OF KAUAI...AND OCCASIONALLY 
SOUTH AND SOUTHWEST OF OAHU...SOUTHWEST OF MAUI COUNTY...AND WEST 
AND SOUTHEAST OF THE BIG ISLAND.  SKIES ARE PARTLY CLOUDY WEST OF 
KAUAI...AND SOUTH OF MAUI COUNTY AND THE BIG ISLAND AS OF BULLETIN 
TIME.

AN ELONGATED...EAST-TO-WEST ORIENTED...UPPER TROUGH IS WEST OF THE 
STATE.  THE AXIS OF THE SYSTEM IS ALONG A LINE FROM 25N161W TO 
22N170W TO 21N180.  UPPER LOWS HAVE BEEN FORMING FROM TIME TO TIME 
ALONG THE TROUGH AXIS AS THE FEATURE AS A WHOLE MOVES SLOWLY WEST.  
THE TROUGH HAS RECENTLY BEEN INDUCING ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS... 
MAINLY FROM 21N TO 23N BETWEEN 166W AND 173W...AND FROM 18N TO 20N 
BETWEEN 170W AND 178W.  SOUTH OF THE TROUGH...HIGH CLOUDS HAVE BEEN 
FLOWING TOWARD THE EAST.  SOME OF THE CIRRUS ELEMENTS HAVE BEEN 
STREAKING BY SOUTH OF THE BIG ISLAND TO POINTS FARTHER EAST.

UNORGANIZED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS HAVE BEEN FIRING ALONG THE 
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII.  MOST OF THE 
CONVECTION HAS BEEN OCCURRING FROM 08N TO 10N BETWEEN 141W AND 
152W...AND FROM 07N TO 12N WEST OF 160W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.