Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 01:04:08 -0500

ABPW10 PGTW 300600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/300600Z-310600ZOCT2010//
REF/A/MSG/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/300152ZOCT2010//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 300000Z, TYPHOON 16W (CHABA) WAS LOCATED NEAR 32.0N
137.2E, APPROXIMATELY 225 NM SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF YOKOSUKA, JAPAN, AND
HAD TRACKED NORTHEASTWARD AT 19 KNOTS DURING THE PAST SIX HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 70 KNOTS GUSTING
TO 85 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTPN32 PGTW 300300) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED NEAR 6.1N 108.6E,
APPROXIMATELY 300 NM SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF HO CHI MINH, VIETNAM. A
300238Z ASCAT PASS SHOWS A DEVELOPING LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER
(LLCC) WITH MODERATE NORTH-TO-NORTH-NORTHEASTERLY FLOW FLANKING THE
WESTERN PERIPHERY OF THE CIRCULATION. WINDS AT THE CORE ARE LIGHTER
AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. A MID-LEVEL CIRCULATION CAN ALSO BE SPOTTED IN
MULTISPECTRAL ANIMATION, NORTH OF THE SURFACE CIRCULATION DEPICTED
IN ASCAT. OVERALL THE CONVECTION IS WEAK AND SHOWS NO IMMINENT SIGNS
OF ORGANIZATION. THE DISTURBANCE LIES WITHIN A NARROW CORRIDOR OF
LOW TO MODERATE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. A STRONG UPPER LEVEL RIDGE
CENTER OVER THE GULF OF TONKIN IS SUPPRESSING EXPANSION OF THE
CONVECTION TO THE NORTH AND HAS RESTRICTED OUTFLOW TO THE WEST.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1008 MB. THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.