Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 05:11:30 -0500

494 
FZPN01 KWBC 301011
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC SAT OCT 30 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 30. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 31. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 01. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 47N176W 980 MB MOVING NE 30 KT AND RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING. 
FROM 41N TO 47N BETWEEN 170W AND 170E WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 
TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 37N TO 47N W OF 166W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N156W 938 MB. A FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
52N162W TO 53N157W TO 52N151W TO 43N146W. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 420 
NM S AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 55 TO 75 KT. SEAS 32 TO 48 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM N AND E OF THE FRONT AND WITHIN 540 NM S 
QUADRANT WINDS 45 TO 60 KT. SEAS 21 TO 35 FT...WITH HIGHEST SEAS 
SW OF CENTER. ALSO FROM 35N TO 56N BETWEEN 139W AND 170W WINDS 
30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 26 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N146W 947 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SE...AND 480 
NM W AND SW QUADRANTS...E OF A LINE FROM 52N131W TO 50N129W AND 
FROM 58N TO 60N BETWEEN 140W AND 150W WINDS 45 TO 60 KT. SEAS 36 
TO 53 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 780 NM NE...1020 NM SE...AND 540 NM 
NW QUADRANTS...AND FROM 36N TO 51N BETWEEN 146W AND 170W WINDS 
30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 20 TO 34 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 55N178E 972 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. FROM 47N TO 53N W OF 178E 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 15 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 47N TO 57N W 
OF 170W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N175W 978 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 300 NM 
W QUADRANT AND FROM 44N TO 51N BETWEEN 170W AND 177E WINDS 35 TO 
50 KT. SEAS 22 TO 38 FT...HIGHEST 46N172W. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 840 
NM SW AND 540 NM NW QUADRANTS...AND FROM 38N TO 53N BETWEEN 170W 
AND 175W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 13 TO 25 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
FORECAST LOW 58N170W BELOW.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 53N132W 991 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 46N133W TO 40N138W. WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 45N 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM SW 
OF A LINE FROM 46N131W TO 59N163W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 11 TO 
19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST INLAND LOW 63N119W 992 MB. FROM 40N TO 48N E 
OF 126W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
FORECAST LOW 51N146W ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 63N170W 974 MB MOVING SW 5 KT. WITHIN 180 NM OF CENTER 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 62N172W 981 MB. WITHIN 300 NM W AND NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N170W 985 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 
A LINE FROM 35N170W TO 40N180W TO 54N169E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 14 TO 30 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 43N170W. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 44N W OF 165E AREA OF E WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 40N TO 47N 
BETWEEN 170W AND 180W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.HIGH 32N168W 1028 MB MOVING W 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 39N158W 1027 MB MOVING E 40 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N135W 1018 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N126W 1024 MB.

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N164E 1033 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N167E 1031 MB. 

.FORECASTER CLARK. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SAT OCT 30.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SUN OCT 31.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC MON NOV 01.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 13N96W...INCLUDING
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...ELSEWHERE WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 
FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 12N97W TO 11N102W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 
12N97W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 
103W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 11N BETWEEN 97W AND 110W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 30N S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 
8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.COLD FRONT DISSIPATING FROM 30N121W TO 26N125W TO 23N136W. NW 
OF LINE FROM 30N119W TO 20N127W TO 15N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NEAR 29N130W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT DISSIPATED. NW OF LINE FROM 29N115W 
TO 20N115W TO 10N127W TO 10N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 13N TO 20N BETWEEN 118W AND 130W NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 
08N TO 25N W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW 
SWELL.

.TROUGH FROM 11N126W TO 19N123W. N OF 14N WITHIN 120 NM OF 
TROUGH WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED. WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.03 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.36 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 24N TO 27N NW WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 23N TO 29N NW WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.42 HOUR FORECAST N OF 25N WITHIN 120 NM W OF BAJA CALIFORNIA 
PENINSULA NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC SAT OCT 30...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 08N82W TO 10N104W TO 
08N116W TO 12N124W THEN RESUMES NEAR 12N129W TO 10N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 93W AND 96W 
AND WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 105W AND 108W. SIMILAR 
CONVECTION IS NOTED WITHIN 270 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 110W AND 
115W.

$$
FORECASTER LEWITSKY

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.