Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 07:00:18 -0500

362 
ATHW40 PHFO 301200
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1200 UTC SAT OCT 30 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1130 UTC OCTOBER 30 2010

AS WAS THE CASE LAST EVENING...LOW CEILINGS AND SHOWERS ARE FAVORING 
WINDWARD AND MAUKA SECTIONS ON THE INDIVIDUAL ISLES.  AND AS WAS THE 
CASE EARLIER...BROKEN SHOWERY LOW CLOUDS ARE OCCASIONALLY AFFECTING 
LEEWARD PORTIONS OF THE SMALLER ISLANDS AND WEST MAUI.  LOW CLOUDS 
ARE ALSO PREVALENT OVER THE WEST-FACING SLOPES OF HALEAKALA IN EAST 
MAUI...AND COASTAL AND UPSLOPE AREAS OF KONA ON THE BIG ISLAND.  ON 
THE OTHER HAND...LANAI APPEARS TO BE CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY AS OF 
THIS WRITING.  LOW CLOUD MOVEMENT IS FROM THE EAST-NORTHEAST NEAR 20 
MPH STATEWIDE.

LOW CLOUDS...SOME WITH EMBEDDED SHOWERS...ARE BROKEN NORTH CLOCKWISE 
THROUGH EAST OF MAUI COUNTY...NORTH CLOCKWISE THROUGH SOUTH OF THE 
BIG ISLAND...AND SOUTH AND SOUTHWEST OF KAUAI.  TOO...LOW CEILINGS 
ARE OCCURRING FROM TIME TO TIME WEST OF THE BIG ISLAND...SOUTHWEST 
OF MAUI COUNTY...AND SOUTH OF OAHU.  CONDITIONS ARE SCATTERED WEST 
AND NORTH OF KAUAI...AND NORTH OF OAHU.

ALOFT ABOVE 25 THOUSAND FEET...THE AXIS OF AN ELONGATED...EAST-TO- 
WEST ORIENTED...TROUGH IS WEST OF THE ISLANDS AND CURRENTLY ALONG A 
LINE FROM 24N160W TO 22N170W TO 21N180.  LOWS ARE FORMING 
OCCASIONALLY ALONG THE TROUGH AXIS AND MOVING WEST NEAR 10 MPH... 
WHILE THE SYSTEM AS A WHOLE APPEARS TO BE DRIFTING WEST SLOWLY.  THE 
TROUGH IS HELPING TO IGNITE ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS...MOST RECENTLY 
FROM 20.5N TO 22N BETWEEN 166W AND 175W...AND FROM 17N TO 20N 
BETWEEN 172W AND 179E.  HIGH CLOUDS ARE PASSING SOUTH OF THE 
TROUGH...AND ELEMENTS HAVE REACHED FAR TO THE EAST AND HAVE BEEN 
SWEEPING SOUTH OF THE BIG ISLAND.

UNORGANIZED CONVECTION HAS BEEN FIRING FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII ALONG THE 
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE.  MOST OF THE SHOWERS AND 
THUNDERSTORMS HAVE WEAKENED AND BECOME MORE SPORADIC OVER THE PAST 
SEVEN HOURS...AND ARE LOCATED FROM 07N TO 10N BETWEEN 144W AND 
157W...AND FROM 08N TO 12N WEST OF 162W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.