Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 11:08:00 -0500

841 
FZPN01 KWBC 301607
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC SAT OCT 30 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 30. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 31. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 01. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 49N170W 964 MB MOVING NE 25 KT AND RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING. 
WITHIN 480 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 18 TO 25 FT.
ELSEWHERE FROM 40N TO 51N BETWEEN 160W AND 169E WINDS 35 TO 50 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ALSO FROM 36N TO 52N BETWEEN 158W AND 165E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N163W 938 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 55 TO 75 KT. SEAS 27 TO 40 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N155W 938 MB. A FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
52N145W TO 50N143W TO 42N144W. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 420 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 55 TO 70 KT. SEAS 35 TO 52 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
180 NM N AND E OF THE FRONT AND WITHIN 540 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 
45 TO 60 KT. SEAS 21 TO 35 FT. ALSO FROM 35N TO 56N BETWEEN 134W 
AND 170W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N146W 948 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SE...AND 480 
NM W AND SW QUADRANTS...E OF A LINE FROM 52N131W TO 50N129W...AND
FROM 58N TO 60N BETWEEN 140W AND 150W WINDS 45 TO 55 KT. SEAS 36 
TO 49 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 780 NM NE...1020 NM SE...AND 540 NM 
NW QUADRANTS...AND FROM 36N TO 51N BETWEEN 146W AND 170W WINDS 
30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 20 TO 36 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 54N178W 968 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. FROM 47N TO 53N W OF 180W 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 46N TO 57N W 
OF 170W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N173W 981 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 300 NM 
W QUADRANT AND FROM 44N TO 51N BETWEEN 170W AND 177E WINDS 40 TO 
55 KT. SEAS 22 TO 38 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 840 NM SW AND 540 NM 
NW QUADRANTS...AND FROM 38N TO 53N BETWEEN 170W AND 175W WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N162W 989 MB. WITHIN 660 NM W AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 21 TO 34 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
35N TO 50N BETWEEN 160W AND 177E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
21 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 54N131W 987 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 46N131W TO 40N134W. WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 45N 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM SW 
OF A LINE FROM 46N131W TO 59N163W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 63N170W 975 MB MOVING SW 05 KT. WITHIN 180 NM OF CENTER 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 61N171W 983 MB. WITHIN 300 NM W AND NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N172W 988 MB. WITHIN 300 NM W AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
600 NM W AND NW SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 44N W OF 165E AREA OF SE WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 40N TO 47N 
BETWEEN 170W AND 180W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.HIGH 32N180W 1026 MB MOVING W 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N166E 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N171E 1032 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N128W 1024 MB.

.FORECASTER NOLT. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SAT OCT 30.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SUN OCT 31.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC MON NOV 01.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N97W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.
.09 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
12N97W TO 10N100W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.09 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N97W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
12N97W TO 09N101W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N98W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO 
E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 30N S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 
8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.36 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA S OF 27N NW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.

.FRONTAL TROUGH 30N118W TO 24N125W TO 19N140W. NW OF LINE  
30N115W TO 16N130W TO 15N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONTAL TROUGH DISSIPATED. N OF 28N E OF 117W 
NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 FT. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 24N112W TO 
10N124W TO 10N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST RIDGE 30N127W TO 15N105W. N OF 24N E OF 117W 
NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. FROM 10N TO 20W SW OF RIDGE NE WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.  

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC SAT OCT 30...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 10N81W TO 08N90W TO 
11N108W TO 11N127W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED 
STRONG WITHIN 60 NM LINE 05N77W TO 09N85W AND FROM 07N TO 14N 
BETWEEN 92W AND 116W.

$$
FORECASTER NELSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.