Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 14:57:07 -0500

ABPW10 PGTW 302000
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS REISSUED/302000Z-310600ZOCT2010//
REF/A/MSG/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/301352ZOCT2010//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 301200Z, EXTRATROPICAL CYCLONE 16W (CHABA) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 35.3N 142.2E, APPROXIMATELY 125 NM EAST OF TOKYO, JAPAN, AND
HAD TRACKED NORTHEASTWARD AT 31 KNOTS DURING THE PAST SIX HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 45 KNOTS GUSTING
TO 55 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTPN32 PGTW 301500) FOR THE FINAL WARNING ON
THIS SYSTEM.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 6.1N
108.6E, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 4.5N 108.9E, APPROXIMATELY 400 NM SOUTH-
SOUTHEAST OF HO CHI MINH, VIETNAM. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE
IMAGERY AND A 301808Z AMSU IMAGE DEPICT DISORGANIZED CONVECTION AND
WEAK CONVECTIVE BANDING OVER THE WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE. A 301343Z
ASCAT IMAGE SHOWS A DEFINED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) WITH
LIGHTER WINDS AT THE CENTER, AROUND 10 TO 15 KNOTS, WITH 15 TO 20
KNOT WINDS AROUND THE PERIPHERY. THE MAJORITY OF THE CONVECTION IS
LOCATED TO THE WEST OF THE SYSTEM AND IS DISORGANIZED DUE TO
MODERATE NORTHEASTERLY VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1006 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS UPGRADED TO FAIR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: UPDATED PARA 1.A.(1) DUE TO FINAL
WARNING FOR 16W (CHABA) AND UPGRADED AREA IN PARA 1.B.(1) TO FAIR.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.