Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 17:00:39 -0500

124 
FZPN01 KWBC 302200
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC SAT OCT 30 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 30. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 31. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 01. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 50N165W 944 MB MOVING E 20 KT. WITHIN 480 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 55 TO 75 KT. SEAS 21 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
40N TO 54N BETWEEN 153W AND 170E WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 13 TO 
24 FT. ALSO FROM 35N TO 54N BETWEEN 150W AND 164E WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N151W 939 MB. A FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
55N147W TO 52N139W TO 44N138W TO 39N143W. WITHIN 480 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 35 TO 52 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
300 NM E AND NE OF THE FRONT...AND FROM 38N TO 58N BETWEEN 140W 
AND 167W WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 21 TO 35 FT. ALSO FROM 34N TO 
60N BETWEEN 128W AND 165W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N145W 952 MB. WITHIN 540 NM E AND 420 NM 
W SEMICIRCLES WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 27 TO 42 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 36N TO 60N BETWEEN 125W AND 158W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 13 
TO 27 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 54N176W 968 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 540 NM W QUADRANT 
WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 18 TO 29 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 780 NM W 
AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N170W 984 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 21 TO 34 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
840 NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N156W 992 MB. WITHIN 540 NM S AND 1080 
NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW INLAND 58N129W 987 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 
50N128W TO 40N131W. WITHIN 180 NM E OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 63N170W 976 MB MOVING SW 10 KT. WITHIN 180 NM NW SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N172W 984 MB. WITHIN 360 NM W AND NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N169W 988 MB. WITHIN 360 NM W AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 
50N BETWEEN 168W AND 172E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 36N TO 49N W OF 168E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT.
SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 38N TO 46N 
BETWEEN 157W AND 162W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.HIGH 32N175E 1025 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 31N165W 1023 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N166E 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N172E 1032 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 32N125W 1023 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N127W 1027 MB.

.FORECASTER NOLT. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SAT OCT 30.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN OCT 31.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON NOV 01.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 13N96W INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT.  SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 
13N96W TO 12N102W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 12N97W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 11 FT.  ELSEWHERE WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 13N97W 
TO 12N98W  NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 14N96W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 
FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST  GULF OF CALIFORNIA  S OF 27N  NW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  GULF OF CALIFORNIA  NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.

.FRONTAL TROUGH 30N117W TO 24N130W.  W OF LINE FROM 30N117W TO 
15N125W TO 13N140W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 11 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  FRONTAL TROUGH DISSIPATED. W OF LINE 28N115W 
TO 15N116W TO 10N127W TO 09N140W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 
TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  RIDGE 30N127W TO 15N105W.  FROM 10N TO 20N 
BETWEEN 120W TO 135W  NE WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS 9 FT.  

REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC SAT OCT 30...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 10N84W TO 08N93W TO 
11N112W TO 08N120W TO 11N128W TO 10N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE 
ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 150 NM OF AXIS FROM 96W TO 114W.

$$
FORECASTER WALLY BARNES

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.