Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 19:30:07 -0500

756 
ATHW40 PHFO 310030
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC SUN OCT 31 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC OCTOBER 31 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL LOW NEAR 21N173W...MOVING 
TO THE WEST AT 10 MPH. THIS LOW IS ABOUT 950 MILES WEST OF 
HONOLULU...OR 550 MILES SOUTHEAST OF MIDWAY ATOLL. AN AREA OF 
CUMULONIMBUS CLOUDS IS LOCATED SOUTH AND WEST OF THE UPPER LOW... 
GENERALLY BETWEEN 18N AND 20N W OF 176W. INDIVIDUAL CONVECTIVE CELLS 
ARE SHORT LIVED...BUT THEY ARE MOVING TO THE WEST AT 15 MPH. CLOUD 
TOPS EXTEND UP TO 36000 FT. 

SOUTH OF THE UPPER LOW...AN AREA OF LAYERED UPPER LEVEL CLOUDS IS 
ASSOCIATED WITH CONVECTION IN THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE. 
THESE CLOUDS ARE LOCATED GENERALLY SOUTH OF A LINE FROM 17N180 TO 
19N165W TO 18N157W. DISTINCT CLOUD MOTIONS CAN BE SEEN AT TWO 
DIFFERENT LEVELS. THE HIGHER LEVEL CIRRUS CLOUDS ARE MOVING TO THE 
EAST AT 70 MPH. BELOW THESE CLOUDS...A THICKER LAYER OF CIRROSTRATUS 
AND CIRROCUMULUS CLOUDS IS MOVING TO THE NORTH AND NORTHWEST AT 20 
MPH. 

ACROSS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...BROKEN LOW CLOUDS COVER THE 
INTERIOR AND LEEWARD SECTIONS OF KAUAI AND NIIHAU...AND EXTEND 20 
MILES OFFSHORE TO THE SOUTHWEST. ON OAHU...BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW 
CLOUDS COVER THE WINDWARD SLOPES OF THE KOOLAU RANGE AND THE LEEWARD 
SLOPES OF THE WAIANAE RANGE. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE 
LOCATED ACROSS THE CENTRAL PART OF THE ISLAND. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS 
COVER EASTERN MOLOKAI NORTHEAST OF A LINE FROM KALAUPAPA TO 
PUKOO...AND THE SOUTHERN SLOPES OF MOLOKAI WEST OF KAUNAKAKAI. THESE 
CLOUDS EXTEND 25 MILES OFFSHORE TO THE SOUTHWEST OF LAAU POINT. 
BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS COVER THE INTERIOR OF LANAI...AS WELL 
AS THE LEEWARD SLOPES EXTENDING 10 MILES OFFSHORE TO THE SOUTHWEST. 
BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS COVER THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS...AND 
LOWER SLOPES OF HALEAKALA BELOW 7000 FT. THESE CLOUDS EXTEND 15 
MILES OFFSHORE TO THE SOUTHWEST OF ULUPALAKUA...COVERING A PORTION 
OF KAHOOLAWE. 

ON THE BIG ISLAND...BROKEN LOW CLOUDS COVER THE WINDWARD SLOPES 
FROM NORTH KOHALA TO PUNA DISTRICTS BELOW 7000 FT. THESE CLOUDS ARE 
GREATEST IN COVERAGE ABOVE 2000 FT...AND GENERALLY JUST SCATTERED 
NEAR THE COAST. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS COVER KAU DISTRICT 
BELOW 10000 FT....AND EXTEND 30 MILES OFFSHORE TO THE SOUTHWEST OF 
HAWAIIAN OCEAN VIEW ESTATES. BROKEN TO OVERCAST CLOUDS ALSO COVER 
NORTH AND SOUTH KONA DISTRICTS. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ALSO COVER LEEWARD 
SECTIONS OF NORTH AND SOUTH KOHALA DISTRICTS...AND ARE MAINLY 
LOCATED WITHIN 6 MILES OF THE COAST SOUTH OF MAHUKONA. 

BEYOND THE STATE...LOW CLOUDS ARE EMBEDDED IN THE TRADE WIND FLOW 
SOUTH OF A SURFACE RIDGE NEAR 29N. A REMNANT FRONTAL CLOUD BAND IS 
LOCATED GENERALLY EAST TO WEST ALONG 26N. THIS BAND IS ABOUT 75 
MILES WIDE...AND IS SLOWLY MOVING TO THE SOUTH. SOUTH OF THIS 
BAND...CLOUDS ARE COMPOSED PRIMARILY OF SHOWERY OPEN CELL CUMULUS 
ELEMENTS. THESE CLOUDS ARE MOVING TO THE WEST SOUTHWEST AT 15 TO 20 
MPH. 

$$

BRAVENDER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.