Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 22:58:13 -0500

643 
FZPN01 KWBC 310357
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC SUN OCT 31 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 31. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 01. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 02. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 50N162W 939 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 420 NM SW SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 55 TO 75 KT. SEAS 24 TO 38 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM 
N...540 NM E...600 NM S...AND 900 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 
KT. SEAS 16 TO 34 FT. ALSO WITHIN 300 NM N...780 NM E...1020 NM 
S...AND 1440 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N150W 942 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
58N149W TO 55N138W TO 48N132W TO 33N150W. WITHIN 480 NM SE...600 
NM SW QUADRANTS...BETWEEN 240 NM AND 3600 NM W QUADRANT...AND NE 
OF FRONT N OF 48N WINDS 45 TO 60 KT. SEAS 24 TO 48 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 8400 NM E...900 NM S...AND 1680 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 30 
TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 38 FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N145W 962 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 180 NM NE...840 NM SE...1620 NM SW...AND 840 NM NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 36 FT...HIGHEST IN SE 
QUADRANT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.FROM 33N TO 39N W OF 174E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 240 NM N OF A LINE FROM 39N160E TO 
36N167E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 180 NM N OF A LINE FROM 46N160E TO 
44N165E WINDS TO 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 11 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
34N TO 51N W OF 172E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 41N TO 49N E OF 127W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 45N E OF 127W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 42N TO 46N E OF 128W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 16 FT WITH W TO NW SWELL.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 62N170W 978 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
120 NM NW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N169W 984 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SW AND 300 
NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 
57N145W DESCRIBED ABOVE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 38N TO 42N 
BETWEEN 153W AND 157W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 
.48 HOUR FORECATS DENSE FOG FROM 39N TO 44N BETWEEN 126W AND 
130W.

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 38N TO 45N W OF 166E.

.HIGH 39N140W 1015 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N128W 1023 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N129W 1026 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N174E 1034 MB.

.FORECASTER BELL. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SUN OCT 31.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON NOV 01.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC TUE NOV 02.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 13N96W INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT.  SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 
13N96W TO 12N102W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 12N97W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 11 FT.  ELSEWHERE WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 13N97W 
TO 12N98W  NE WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST  FRONTAL TROUGH 30N116W TO 25N120W.  GULF OF 
CALIFORNIA  S OF 27N  NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.  N OF 
25N WITHIN 90 NM W COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA  NW WINDS 20 KT.  
SEAS TO 8 FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST  GULF OF CALIFORNIA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.W OF LINE FROM 30N116W TO 15N123W TO 12N140W  WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT.  SEAS TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  W OF LINE 25N112W TO 10N120W TO 09N140W  
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 10N TO 21N BETWEEN 115W TO 136W
NE WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS 9 FT.  

REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC SUN OCT 31...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 09N84W TO 08N93W TO 
10N110W TO 08N120W TO 11N129W TO 10N140W.  ISOLATED MODERATE 
WITHIN 240 NM N OF AXIS FROM 95W TO 115W.  

$$
FORECASTER WALLY BARNES

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.