Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 04:45:04 -0500

220 
FZPN01 KWBC 310944
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC
1145 UTC SUN OCT 31 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 31. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 01. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 02. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 50N159W 940 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 360 NM SE AND 480 NM 
SW QUADRANTS WINDS 55 TO 70 KT. SEAS 28 TO 46 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 240 NM N...600 NM E...540 NM S...AND 900 NM W QUADRANTS 
WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 16 TO 38 FT. ALSO WITHIN 420 NM N...780 
NM E...1020 NM S...AND 1560 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 13 TO 26 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N146W 946 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
55N132W TO 48N130W TO 37N140W. WITHIN 480 NM SE AND 600 NM S 
QUADRANTS...BETWEEN 240 NM AND 360 NM W QUADRANT...BETWEEN 360 
NM AND 420 NM N QUADRANT...AND OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 120 
NM E OF FRONT N OF 46N WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 18 TO 46 
FT...HIGHEST S AND SW OF CENTER. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM N...780 
NM E...960 NM S...AND 1680 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 38 FT...HIGHEST S AND SW OF CENTER. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N146W 972 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 120 NM NE...840 NM SE...1800 NM SW...AND 780 NM NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 32 FT...HIGHEST IN SE 
QUADRANT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.FROM 34N TO 40N W OF 163E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 240 NM N OF A LINE FROM 40N160E TO 
37N166E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 180 NM N OF A LINE FROM 48N160E TO 
44N169E WINDS TO 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 11 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
36N TO 53N W OF 175E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 62N170W 980 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
120 NM NW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 
52N146W DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 39N TO 44N E OF 126W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 37N TO 47N W OF 169E. 

.HIGH 38N134W 1016 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N126W 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N128W 1029 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N176E 1034 MB. 

.FORECASTER BELL. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SUN OCT 31.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC MON NOV 01.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC TUE NOV 02.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 13N98W...INCLUDING 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 12N BETWEEN 95W AND 105W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 13N96W TO 
12N100W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 06N TO 11N BETWEEN 95W AND 105W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO E 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 22N TO 27N E OF 116W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE FROM 26N113W TO 12N124W TO 12N140W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 23N BETWEEN 115W AND 135W NE WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FORM 10N TO 22N W OF 120W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 22N NW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 24N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N135W TO 26N140W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC SUN OCT 31...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 09N84W TO 08N90W TO 
10N110W TO 08N120W TO 11N130W TO 10N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT 
CONVECTION NOTED.

$$
FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.