Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 05:40:09 -0500

944 
FZPN40 PHFO 311040
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC SUN OCT 31 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 31 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 01 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 02 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAK HIGH 28N148W MOVING SE SLOWLY. RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 28N140W AND 
TO 30N167W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N160W TO 29N179W TO 30N171E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N152W TO 26N163W CONTINUING AS A 
SHEAR LINE TO 22N176E. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS ENTIRE AREA.  

.SEAS 8 TO 10 FT FROM 11N TO 26W W OF 180E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT FROM 10N 
TO 14N E OF 171W 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF 29N W OF 150W DUE TO VERY 
LARGE RISING NW SWELL. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 15N W OF 170E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 20 FT N OF LINE 30N142W TO 27N153W TO 
30N160W. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 28N140W TO 
22N150W TO 26N174W. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
26N140W TO 20N160W TO 20N180W TO 18N160E.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS ELSEWHERE.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N171W TO 16N180W TO 
15N170E. ALSO WITHIN AREA FROM 11N TO 14N W OF 166E.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 10N153W TO 07N163W TO 09N171W TO 09N175E TO 
10N163E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 30 NM S OF ITCZ E OF 144W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM N OF ITCZ BETWEEN 153W AND 
163W AND BETWEEN 157W AND 177W...AND W OF 172E. 

$$
.FORECASTER JHOAG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.