Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 07:00:12 -0500

655 
ATHW40 PHFO 311200
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1200 UTC SUN OCT 31 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1130 UTC OCTOBER 31 2010

AS WAS THE CASE LAST EVENING...BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS...SOME 
WITH EMBEDDED SHOWERS...ARE FAVORING WINDWARD AND MAUKA AREAS ON THE 
INDIVIDUAL ISLES.  THIS IS PARTICULARLY SO ON OAHU...MAUI...AND THE 
BIG ISLAND AS OF BULLETIN TIME.  LOW CEILINGS ARE ALSO AFFECTING THE 
WEST- AND SOUTH-FACING SLOPES OF HALEAKALA IN EAST MAUI...AND 
COASTAL AND UPSLOPE PORTIONS OF KONA ON THE BIG ISLAND.  SKIES ARE 
PARTLY CLOUDY ELSEWHERE AROUND THE ISLAND CHAIN.  LOW CLOUD MOTION 
IS FROM THE EAST BETWEEN 15 AND 20 MPH ACROSS THE ALOHA STATE.

UPWIND FROM THE ISLANDS...SHOWERY LOW CLOUDS ARE SCATTERED TO
OCCASIONALLY BROKEN.  LOW CEILINGS HAVE BECOME WIDESPREAD WEST OF 
NIIHAU AND THE BIG ISLAND...AND SOUTH OF MAUI COUNTY.  SKIES ARE 
OTHERWISE CLEAR TO SCATTERED IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.

ALOFT ABOVE 25 THOUSAND FEET...A LOW APPEARS TO BE FORMING NEAR 
24N168W...WHICH IS ABOUT 535 MILES WEST-NORTHWEST OF KAUAI.  A 
TROUGH STRETCHES FROM THE LOW TOWARD THE WEST-SOUTHWEST THROUGH 
23.5N170W TO 21N180 TO 20N173E.  THE LOW IS MOVING SLOWLY NORTH AS 
THE TROUGH REMAINS NEARLY STATIONARY.  THE AXIS OF A JET STREAM IS 
SOUTH OF THE TROUGH AND IS ALONG A LINE FROM 17N175E TO 18N175W TO 
25N162W.  THE JET IS HELPING TO GENERATE A LARGE SWATH OF BROKEN TO 
OVERCAST HIGH CLOUDS...WITH SOME OF THE CIRRUS ELEMENTS APPROACHING 
THE ALOHA STATE FROM THE WEST AND SOUTHWEST.

SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS REMAIN UNORGANIZED ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL 
CONVERGENCE ZONE FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII.  MOST OF THE CONVECTION IS 
CURRENTLY LOCATED FROM 07N TO 10N BETWEEN 142W AND 174W.  A FEW 
THUNDERSTORM CELLS ARE CLIMBING TO 50 THOUSAND FEET WITHIN 50 MILES 
OF 08N163W AS OF THIS WRITING.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.