Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 10:47:29 -0500

078 
FZPN01 KWBC 311547
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC SUN OCT 31 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 31. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 01. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 02. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 50N155W 940 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 360 NM SE AND 480 NM 
SW QUADRANTS WINDS 55 TO 65 KT. SEAS 34 TO 49 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 240 NM N...600 NM E...540 NM S...AND 900 NM W QUADRANTS 
WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 16 TO 34 FT. ALSO WITHIN 420 NM N...780 
NM E...1020 NM S...AND 1440 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N145W 948 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
49N126W TO 45N128W TO 38N135W. WITHIN 480 NM SE AND 600 NM S 
QUADRANTS...BETWEEN 240 NM AND 360 NM W QUADRANT...BETWEEN 360 
NM AND 420 NM N QUADRANT...AND OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 120 
NM E OF FRONT N OF 46N WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 28 TO 46 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM N...780 NM E...960 NM S...AND 1560 NM W 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 28 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N149W 980 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 120 NM NE...840 NM SE...960 NM SW...AND 780 NM NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 28 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.FROM 34N TO 40N W OF 163E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 240 NM N OF A LINE FROM 40N160E TO 
37N166E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 180 NM N OF A LINE FROM 48N160E TO 
44N169E WINDS TO 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 13 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
36N TO 53N W OF 175E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 61N169W 980 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
360 NM NW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 
54N145W DESCRIBED ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 38N150W 1004 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 960 NM W AND 480 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
13 TO 25 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 37N TO 47N W OF 169E.

.HIGH 44N160E 1033 MB MOVING SE 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N171E 1033 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N179W 1033 MB.

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N126W 1025 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N128W 1028 MB.

.FORECASTER NOLT. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SUN OCT 31.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC MON NOV 01.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC TUE NOV 02.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 11N99W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 07N TO 12N BETWEEN 95W AND 106W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL.
.12 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 11N BETWEEN 95W AND 108W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO 
E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 23N WITHIN 240 NM W OF BAJA CALIFORNIA PENINSULA NW TO N  
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 12N W OF 
112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 23N W OF 112W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 20N W OF 117W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 

.12 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA S OF 27N NW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA S OF 29N NW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 27N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N133W TO 22N140W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 20 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST SEAS NEAR 
30N140W.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC SUN OCT 31...

SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 14.5N90W 
TO 15N102.5W TO 13N105W.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 09N80W TO 07N90W TO 
10N110W TO 08N120W TO 11N130W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 60 NM LINE 08N79W TO 07N82W TO 09N83W.
ISOLATED MODERATE AND STRONG FROM 08N TO 15N BETWEEN 107W AND 
120W.

$$
FORECASTER NELSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.