Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 11:45:11 -0500

615 
FZPN40 PHFO 311645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC SUN OCT 31 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 31 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 01 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 02 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAK HIGH 28N146W 1019 MB MOVING SE SLOWLY. RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 
28N140W AND TO 30N170W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N155W TO 38N170W THEN SHEAR LINE TO 
28N180W TO 30N170E. WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N152W TO 26N160W THEN SHEAR LINE TO 
24N170W. WINDS 25 TO 30 KT WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT N OF 28N. 

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.  

.SEAS 8 TO 10 FT FROM 11N TO 26W W OF 179E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N146W TO 
27N170W TO 28N160E. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
30N150W TO 28N170W TO 30N174E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 21 FT N OF 27N E OF 152W. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT  
ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 25N140W TO 20N160W TO 24N176E. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT N OF A LINE FROM 23N140W TO 18N160W TO 20N160E.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 13N TO 20N W OF 180E.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 09N160W TO 09N180W TO 08N167E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER CRAIG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.