Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 16:57:43 -0500

361 
FZPN01 KWBC 312157
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC SUN OCT 31 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 31. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 01. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 02. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 50N151W 940 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 480 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 31 TO 49 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 720 NM 
NE...840 NM SE...900 NM SW...AND 420 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 
55 KT. SEAS 18 TO 31 FT. ALSO FROM 35N TO 60N BETWEEN 128W AND 
173E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N144W 956 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
47N126W TO 39N132W. WITHIN 300 NM N AND NE QUADRANTS...AND 540 
NM S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 24 TO 39 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM NE...840 NM SE...1500 NM SW...AND 1200 
NM NW QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 180 NM E OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 62N150W 993 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S 
QUADRANT...AND FROM 48N TO 55N BETWEEN 127W AND 139W WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.FROM 37N TO 42N W OF 165E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 540 NM N OF A LINE FROM 38N160E TO 
38N168E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 300 NM N OF A LINE FROM 51N163E TO
45N175E WINDS TO 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 13 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
38N TO 55N W OF 178E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 60N169W 980 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
420 NM W SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 
56N144W DESCRIBED ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 41N148W 995 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 1020 NM W...660 NM S...AND 540 NM E QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 27 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 58N159W 996 MB. WITHIN 660 NM W AND NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 38N TO 51N W OF 173E.

.HIGH 45N161E 1032 MB MOVING NE 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N170E 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N179W 1033 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N127W 1028 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N130W 1028 MB.

.FORECASTER NOLT. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SUN OCT 31.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON NOV 01.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC TUE NOV 02.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 60 NM OF COAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 KT.  
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 23N WITHIN 180 NM W OF BAJA CALIFORNIA PENINSULA  NW TO N  
WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE N OF 10N W OF 
112W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 11N TO 22N W OF 110W  NE WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 08N TO 20N W OF 121W  NE WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.06 HOUR FORECAST  GULF OF CALIFORNIA S OF 27N NW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  GULF OF CALIFORNIA S OF 29N NW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 27N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.36 HOUR FORECAST  NW OF LINE 30N133W TO 25N140W  WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT.  SEAS UP TO 15 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST 
SEAS NEAR 30N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE FROM 30N122W TO 20N140W  WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS UP TO 20 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NW. 

REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC SUN OCT 31...

SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 15N103W TO 13N120W. 

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 09N84W TO 07N93W TO 
10N110W TO 08N120W TO 10N131W TO 09N140W.  ISOLATED MODERATE 
WITHIN 90 NM S OF AXIS E OF 121W. 

$$
FORECASTER WALLY BARNES

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.