Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 22:11:55 -0500

541 
ATPQ40 PGUM 010311
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST MON NOV 1 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

AN UPPER-LEVEL TROUGH IS LOCATED NORTH OF THE MARIANAS. THE TROUGH 
STRETCHES NORTHWESTWARD FROM 18N149E TO BEYOND 25N AT 134E. 
UPPER-LEVEL DIVERGENCE EAST OF THE TROUGH AXIS IS GENERATING 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 110 MILES OF A LINE 
FROM 20N147E TO 25N149E. 

AN UPPER-LEVEL LOW IS CENTERED EAST OF WAKE ISLAND NEAR 20N172E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE OCCURRING NEAR WAKE WITHIN 45 MILES OF A LINE 
FROM 20N166E TO 19N170E.

A COLD FRONT CURVES NORTHEASTWARD FROM 20N130E TO BEYOND 25N AT 
139E. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND SOUTHEAST OF OKINAWA ALONG AND UP 
TO 70 MILES NORTHWEST OF THIS BOUNDARY. 

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS NORTH OF POHNPEI AND KOSRAE IN AN AREA BOUNDED BY A 
LINE FROM 16N155E TO 12N152E TO 6N162E TO 11N168E BACK TO 16N155E. 
SIMILAR WEATHER IS ALSO PRESENT NEAR CHUUK IN AN AREA BOUNDED BY A 
LINE FROM 2N144E TO 2N152E TO 9N154E TO 12N149E BACK TO 2N144E.

$$

M. AYDLETT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.