Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 23:08:03 -0500

975 
FZPN01 KWBC 010407
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC MON NOV 01 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 01. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 02. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 03. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 51N148W 942 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 57N146W 
TO 54N136W TO 46N132W TO 34N149W. NE OF FRONT N OF 49N AND 
BETWEEN 240 NM AND 420 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 31 
TO 50 FT S QUADRANT AND 14 TO 24 FT NE OF FRONT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 480 NM SE...720 NM SW...AND 360 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 40 
TO 55 KT. SEAS 18 TO 36 FT. ALSO OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 600 
NM N...900 NM E...960 NM S...AND 1800 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 28 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N143W 966 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 180 NM NE...780 NM SE...1680 NM SW...AND 960 NM NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 35 FT...HIGHEST SE OF 
CENTER.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.WITHIN 180 NM N OF A LINE FROM 40N160E TO 36N166E WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 180 NM N OF A LINE FROM 46N160E TO 
44N165E WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 35N 
TO 51N W OF 172E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 53N163E 982 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 540 NM E...1020 NM SE...AND 420 NM S QUADRANTS 
WINDS TO 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 59N167W 980 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
420 NM W AND 360 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 
58N143W DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 44N146W 989 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 180 NM N...480 NM E...AND 780 NM S AND W QUADRANTS WINDS 
30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 25 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 58N160W 1001 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 480 NM SW AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
16 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 37N TO 46N W OF 167E. 
.48 HOUR DENSE FOG FROM 39N TO 53N BETWEEN 179E AND 163E.

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 39N TO 49N BETWEEN 126W AND 144W.

.HIGH 31N128W 1023 MB MOVING NW 05 KT AND TURNING NE AFTER 24 
HOURS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N130W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N129W 1035 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N173E 1033 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N178W 1032 MB. 

.FORECASTER BELL. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC MON NOV 01.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC TUE NOV 02.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC WED NOV 03.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 23N WITHIN 180 NM W OF BAJA CALIFORNIA PENINSULA  NW TO N  
WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE N OF 10N W OF 
112W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 11N TO 22N W OF 110W  NE WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 08N TO 20N W OF 121W  NE WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.06 HOUR FORECAST  GULF OF CALIFORNIA S OF 27N NW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  GULF OF CALIFORNIA S OF 29N NW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 27N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.30 HOUR FORECAST  NW OF LINE 30N134W TO 26N140W  WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT.  SEAS UP TO 16 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST 
NEAR 30N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE FROM 30N120W TO 18N140W  WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS UP TO 20 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NW. 

REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC MON NOV 01...

SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 15N106W TO 13N119W. 

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 09N84W TO 08N90W TO 
10N110W TO 08N120W TO 10N134W TO 09N140W.  ISOLATED MODERATE 
WITHIN 90 NM S OF AXIS E OF 115W. 

$$
FORECASTER WALLY BARNES

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.