Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 00:00:13 -0500

201 
ATHW40 PHFO 010500
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC MON NOV 1 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0430 UTC NOVEMBER 1 2010

WISPY HIGH CLOUDS...MOVING FROM THE WEST AND SOUTHWEST...HAVE BEEN 
SWEEPING OVER THE ISLANDS FROM KAUAI TO MAUI COUNTY THIS EARLY 
EVENING.

LOW CLOUDS BLANKET THE MOUNTAIN SLOPES ACROSS THE BIG ISLAND...AND 
COASTAL AREAS ON THE LEE SIDE OF THE ISLE SOUTH OF NORTH KOHALA.  
LOW CEILINGS ARE ALSO AFFECTING WINDWARD SECTIONS OF MAUI...THE 
WEST-FACING SLOPES OF HALEAKALA IN EAST MAUI...AND THE CENTRAL AND 
SOUTHERN PORTIONS OF LANAI FROM TIME TO TIME.  SKIES ARE CLEAR TO 
PARTLY CLOUDY ELSEWHERE IN THE ALOHA STATE...DISCOUNTING HIGH 
CLOUDINESS.  LOW CLOUD MOVEMENT IS FROM THE EAST NEAR 15 MPH 
STATEWIDE.

SHOWERY LOW CLOUDS MOVING WITH THE TRADE FLOW ARE GENERATING 
CEILINGS NORTH CLOCKWISE THROUGH EAST OF MAUI COUNTY AND THE BIG 
ISLAND AS OF BULLETIN TIME.  IGNORING ANY HIGH CLOUDS...CONDITIONS 
ARE OTHERWISE CLEAR TO SCATTERED IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.

THE LEADING EDGE OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS WITH A FRONT IS 
AROUND 575 MILES NORTH-NORTHWEST OF KAUAI...AND HAS BEEN PUSHING 
SOUTH AT 10 TO 15 MPH.  MOST OF THE CLOUDINESS IS CURRENTLY NORTH OF 
A LINE FROM 30N160W TO 28.5N170W TO 27N180.

AN UPPER LOW...ABOVE 25 THOUSAND FEET...IS 850 MILES WEST OF KAUAI 
AND HAS BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS.  ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS HAVE RECENTLY IGNITED IN THE VICINITY OF THE SYSTEM.  
A LARGE AREA OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST HIGH CLOUDS EXISTS EAST AND 
SOUTHEAST OF THE LOW.  IT HAS BEEN ELEMENTS FROM THIS CLOUDINESS 
THAT HAVE BEEN STREAKING OVER THE ISLANDS AS MENTIONED IN THE FIRST 
PARAGRAPH.

SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS REMAIN UNORGANIZED ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL 
CONVERGENCE ZONE FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII.  MOST OF THE CONVECTION IS NOW
LOCATED WITHIN 140 MILES EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 08N150W TO 
11N160W TO 08N173W TO 10N180.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.