Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 05:40:14 -0500

539 
FZPN40 PHFO 011040
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC MON NOV 01 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 01 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 02 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 03 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N161W TO 27N180W TO 28N175E CONTINUING AS A 
STATIONARY FRONT TO 30N169E. COLD MOVING SE 10 KT. NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT N OF FRONT W OF 172W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N152W TO 26N163W THEN SHEAR LINE TO 
24N180W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N146W TO 22N160W THEN SHEAR LINE TO 
18N180W. SW TO W TO NW WINDS 25 TO 30 KT N OF 28N E OF 164W.

.RIDGE FROM 27N140W TO 26N157W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 20N TO 28N BETWEEN 168W 
AND 168E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 25 KT FROM 21N TO 25N BETWEEN 169W AND 
177E. E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT ELSEWHERE FROM 15N TO 28N BETWEEN 166W AND 
168E.

.SEAS 12 TO 18 FT N OF 18N FROM 151W TO 172E DUE TO VERY LARGE NW 
SWELL. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 27N W OF 146W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 20 FT N OF 27N E OF 153W. SEAS 14 TO 19 FT 
ELSEWHERE N OF LINE 28N140W TO 22155W TO 24N172W TO 30N176W. SEAS 8 
TO 13 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 20N. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 18 TO 22 FT N OF 27N BETWEEN 147W AND 163W. 
SEAS 14 TO 17 FT ELSEWHERE N OF LINE 16N140W TO 15N50W TO 25N170W. 
SEAS 8 TO 13 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 08N. 

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 07N TO 14N W OF 166E. ALSO WITHIN 30 
NM OF LINE 12N147W TO 13N150W...AND LINE 14N173W TO 13N176W.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 10N150W TO 09N170W TO 08N173W. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ BETWEEN 152W AND 180W.

$$
.FORECASTER JHOAG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.