Subject: East Pacific: Monthly Tropical Weather Summary

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 06:56:22 -0500

271 
ABPZ30 KNHC 011155
TWSEP 
MONTHLY TROPICAL WEATHER SUMMARY
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
800 AM PDT MON NOV 01 2010
 
FOR THE EASTERN NORTH PACIFIC...EAST OF 140 DEGREES WEST LONGITUDE..
 
NO TROPICAL CYCLONES FORMED IN THE BASIN DURING OCTOBER...WELL BELOW
THE LONG-TERM AVERAGES OF 2 TROPICAL STORMS...1 HURRICANE...AND A
MAJOR HURRICANE ABOUT EVERY OTHER YEAR. SINCE THE SATELLITE ERA
BEGAN IN 1971...THIS IS ONLY THE SECOND YEAR IN WHICH NO TROPICAL
CYCLONES WERE RECORDED ANYWHERE IN THE EASTERN PACIFIC DURING
OCTOBER...THE OTHER BEING 1995.    

SO FAR THIS SEASON...OVERALL TROPICAL CYCLONE ACTIVITY OBSERVED TO
DATE IS ABOUT 48 PERCENT OF THE LONG-TERM MEDIAN.  HOWEVER...THIS
SEASON HAS BEEN AT RECORD QUIET LEVELS AFTER 1 JULY... WITH ONLY 3
TROPICAL STORMS AND ONE HURRICANE NOTED.  THIS COMPARES TO THE
LONG-TERM AVERAGES OF ABOUT 9 TROPICAL STORMS...5 HURRICANES...AND
3-4 MAJOR HURRICANES.  

REPORTS ON INDIVIDUAL CYCLONES...WHEN COMPLETED...ARE AT THE WEB
SITE OF THE NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER...USE LOWER-CASE LETTERS...
HTTP://WWW.NHC.NOAA.GOV/2010EPAC.SHTML

SUMMARY TABLE

NAME                 DATES        MAX WIND (MPH)    
-------------------------------------------------
TS AGATHA           29-30 MAY          45
TD TWO-E            16-17 JUN          35
TS BLAS             17-21 JUN          65
MH CELIA            18-28 JUN         160
MH DARBY            23-28 JUN         120
TD SIX-E            14-16 JUL          35
TS ESTELLE           6-10 AUG          65
TD EIGHT-E          20-22 AUG          35
H  FRANK            21-28 AUG          90
TD TEN-E              3-4 SEP          35
TD ELEVEN-E           3-4 SEP          35
TS GEORGETTE        21-23 SEP          40

$$
FORECASTER KIMBERLAIN/BLAKE/STEWART/BERG

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.