Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 07:00:13 -0500

670 
ATHW40 PHFO 011200
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1200 UTC MON NOV 1 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1130 UTC NOVEMBER 1 2010

LOW CLOUD CEILINGS...SOME WITH EMBEDDED SHOWERS...HAVE BEEN MAINLY
AFFECTING WINDWARD AND MAUKA SECTIONS OF THE BIG ISLAND...MAUI...AND 
MOLOKAI AS OF BULLETIN TIME.  BROKEN LOW CLOUDS HAVE ALSO BEEN 
EVIDENT OVER WINDWARD AND MAUKA AREAS OF OAHU AND KAUAI FROM TIME TO 
TIME...ON THE WEST-FACING SLOPES OF HALEAKALA IN EAST MAUI...AND IN 
COASTAL AND UPSLOPE PARTS OF KONA AND SOUTH KOHALA ON THE BIG ISLAND.
SKIES HAVE BEEN CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY ELSEWHERE AROUND THE ISLAND 
CHAIN THIS EARLY MORNING.  LOW CLOUD MOVEMENT IS FROM THE EAST 
BETWEEN 10 AND 15 MPH STATEWIDE.

AN AREA OF BROKEN...OCCASIONALLY SCATTERED...SHOWERY LOW CLOUDS 
EXISTS JUST NORTH CLOCKWISE THROUGH EAST OF THE ISLANDS...AND IS 
HEADING TOWARD THE WEST ON THE WEAK TRADE FLOW.  PLUME CLOUDS ARE 
PRODUCING LOW CEILINGS WEST OF THE BIG ISLAND AND SOUTH OF MAUI 
COUNTY.  BROKEN LOW CLOUDINESS IS APPARENT WEST OF NIIHAU AS WELL. 
CONDITIONS ARE OTHERWISE CLEAR TO SCATTERED IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL 
WATERS.

THE LEADING EDGE OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS WITH A FRONT IS 
ABOUT 500 MILES NORTH-NORTHWEST OF KAUAI...AND HAS BEEN MOVING SOUTH 
NEAR 10 MPH OVER THE PAST SEVEN HOURS.  THE LOW CLOUDINESS 
ASSOCIATED WITH THE BOUNDARY IS CURRENTLY NORTH OF A LINE FROM 
30N157W TO 27.5N170W TO 26.5N180.

IN THE UPPER AIR ABOVE 25 THOUSAND FEET...A LOW IS APPROXIMATELY 900 
MILES WEST OF KAUAI AND HAS MOVED SLOWLY SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OVER THE 
PAST SEVERAL HOURS.  THE FEATURE IS INDUCING ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS 
IN THE AREA FROM 22N TO 24N BETWEEN 172W AND 176.5W AS OF THIS 
WRITING.  A SWATH OF HIGH CLOUDS IS EAST OF THE LOW...WITH MOST OF 
THE CIRRUS ELEMENTS LOCATED FROM 20N TO 27.5N BETWEEN 160W AND 170W. 
A STREAK OF HIGH CLOUDS IS MAKING ITS WAY EAST OF 160W FROM 25N TO 
28N AS IT TOPS AN UPPER RIDGE WHOSE AXIS IS ALONG LATITUDE 161W.

CONVECTION ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE FAR SOUTH OF 
HAWAII HAS STRENGTHENED SINCE LAST EVENING...THOUGH IT REMAINS 
UNORGANIZED.  MOST OF THE SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND FROM 
07N TO 13.5N BETWEEN 141W AND 178E.  SOME OF THE CELLS THAT HAVE 
BEEN FIRING ARE RISING TO OVER 50 THOUSAND FEET...MOST OF WHICH ARE 
LOCATED FROM 08N TO 11N BETWEEN 161W AND 179W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.