Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 09:48:28 -0500

216 
ATPQ40 PGUM 011448
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST TUE NOV 2 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT CURVES SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N142E ACROSS IWO TO ISLAND 
TO 23N139E THEN CONTINUES SOUTHWESTWARD AS A STATIONARY FRONT BEYOND 
19N130E. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND WITHIN 60 MILES OF THE COLD 
FRONT.

LOW-LEVEL CONVERGENCE AHEAD OF THE COLD FRONT IS GENERATING 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS NORTHEAST OF THE CNMI WITHIN 150 
MILES OF A LINE FROM 19N150E TO 25N150E.

A TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE EAST OF THE MARIANAS IS PRODUCING SCATTERED 
SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS JUST NORTH OF CHUUK AND POHNPEI BETWEEN 8N 
AND 17N FROM 148E TO 165E.

A SURFACE TROUGH SOUTH OF GUAM EXTENDS NORTHEASTWARD FROM 3N142E TO 
8N148E. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE OCCURRING BETWEEN 3N AND 8N FROM 141E 
TO 148E. 

AN UPPER-LEVEL LOW CENTERED NEAR WAKE ISLAND AT 20N168E IS 
TRIGGERING A FEW THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 50 MILES OF A LINE FROM 
20N163E TO 18N166E.

ANOTHER SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS NORTHEASTWARD FROM NEAR MAJURO AT 
7N173E BEYOND 9N180. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND EAST OF MAJURO 
WITHIN 60 MILES OF THE TROUGH AXIS.

$$

W. AYDLETT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.